Replacement stereo for SSRX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement stereo for SSRX

I have just bought a 1995 3.0TD SSRX and the stereo was missing, probably stolen on the boat from Japan. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement new or second hand stereo for this vehicle?

Tomo

Originally posted by Tomo
    I have just bought a 1995 3.0TD SSRX and the stereo was missing, probably stolen on the boat from Japan. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement new or second hand stereo for this vehicle?

Tomo
    Just get a UK spec one, the Japanese one would have been rubbish anyway and would have needed a band expander. You could either go on ebay and see if you can get a double din one which would completely fill the dash hole or go and get a normal single din one and get a din pocket for underneath the unit - again the combination of the two will completely fill the hole.

You will need a wiring converter cable (get one for a 4 Runner from Halfords) to make it easy. You will then need to remove the lower part of the dashboard to fit it however once the dash is removed it's an easy job. All up should take you a couple of hours at most.

Cheers

Comment

Many thanks Andy

Comment

Working...
      X