Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Wanted

Hey up

Does anyone have a wheel - I am only looking for a single for a spare. Ideally to suit a 265/70 x 16 tyre, but I guess anything as a 'get me home' would work.

Alternatively, can I get an alloy wheel (which has corroded badly) re-dressed so that a tyre will seal correctly?

Cheers

Rob

Originally posted by robnw67
    Hey up

Does anyone have a wheel - I am only looking for a single for a spare. Ideally to suit a 265/70 x 16 tyre, but I guess anything as a 'get me home' would work.

Alternatively, can I get an alloy wheel (which has corroded badly) re-dressed so that a tyre will seal correctly?

Cheers

Rob
    you could always stick a tube in it for a spare
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Hey up

Cheers

Rob
      You can get them cleaned up, had one on my old car. Leaked around the edge/bead of the tyre. Bloke at garage put it on the balancing machine put wire brush in drill, span the tyre and cleaned it up. Only ever used it as a spare and was still fine when i sold the car 2 years later.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Still wanted

Well thanks for the advice - but sadly I can't find anywhere who will install an inner tube for me. They are claiming that the tyres have ribs inside them which could cause a puncture, so they are not willing to install it.

Also, there is no where that will take the tyre off, clean the wheel up and re-seal the tyre. Unfortunately, I work 8am to 6pm so faffing about is difficult. Especially when I can't get to a tyre place without travelling at least half an hour.

I guess my only option is to get another wheel and tyre from either e-bay or here. Do any other wheels fit the Surf Hub - like the Hilux pick up or Pajero/Shogun?

Rob

Comment

Well thanks for the advice - but sadly I can't find anywhere who will install an inner tube for me. They are claiming that the tyres have ribs inside them which could cause a puncture, so they are not willing to install it.

Also, there is no where that will take the tyre off, clean the wheel up and re-seal the tyre. Unfortunately, I work 8am to 6pm so faffing about is difficult. Especially when I can't get to a tyre place without travelling at least half an hour.

I guess my only option is to get another wheel and tyre from either e-bay or here. Do any other wheels fit the Surf Hub - like the Hilux pick up or Pajero/Shogun?

Rob
          Hilux (Bob) is your best net hes got a few wheels laying around.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Good idea

Originally posted by Koi
            Hilux (Bob) is your best net hes got a few wheels laying around.
            Aaah.........good call........

Comment

i go one off him the other week NICE BLOKE THAT BOB
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Wheel Still wanted

Well it's been a week and still I haven't got a spare wheel.

So if any of the guys and gals that are changing their wheels, if you have a wheel with a 265/70x16 tyre (which stays inflated!) that you don't need, I can take it off your hands.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Working...
                X