Wireing loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireing loom

Hi, I need the drivers door complete loom for a 3.0tl 94 ssrg. Electric windows and central locking playing up on mine.
    Cheers Mick

I would guess it's the switches rather than the loom, mine didn't like getting wet. I had to disconnect all the switches for a few days after an incident with deep water, as i kept going to the truck and finding it unlocked and one of the windows in particular would just open a crack whilst i was driving.

Once they dried out i put it all back together and it was fine.

Make sure rain's not getting inside the door through the window rubbers or something and causing problems that way.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanks nero but im pretty sure its not wet. At the last service at Tonyn,s he sugested it was easier to just change the loom. He thinks there is a break in the wiring probably as the loom comes out of the door and into the cab.

Comment

door loom

Hi its just as easy to repair the loom its a common fault i has done over a dozen and they are all working perfect.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

i repaired my loom, much cheaper and dont have to wait for parts to do it

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            I would guess it's the switches rather than the loom, mine didn't like getting wet. ........
            Its deffo the loom, you can work the central locking by swinging the door!

Like Hilux said, if the break is easy to find, might be eaiser to fix it.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Fair enough, will give it a go.
              Thanks all.

Comment

if you move the right front speaker box the loom is attached to two or three plugs behind there, i pulled the loom out the A pillar from there and through the door and had plenty of room to make a decent repair without havin to squeeze in between the door and the A pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
                  Thanks nero but im pretty sure its not wet. At the last service at Tonyn,s he sugested it was easier to just change the loom. He thinks there is a break in the wiring probably as the loom comes out of the door and into the cab.
                  Originally posted by TonyN
                  Its deffo the loom, you can work the central locking by swinging the door!

Furry muff then,

i thought i was goin mad when i kept finding my truck unlocked or one of the windows would open slightly when i turned the ignition on and stuff. It took me ages to figure it out, then only 2 or 3 days with the switches drying out indoors to cure it.
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

My doors would be unlocked in the morning and the buttons pop up and down as im driving along. Now only the drivers door unlocks with the key. Hope I get time before xmas to fix it and fit new stereo.

Comment

Working...
                    X