UK speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK speedo

Has anyone broken a 93 2.4 an has the dash, i would like a speedo that shows mph and kph, any ideas please?
    Thanks Dave
    How much!

Dave

Why not just change the face like everyone else does .

Comment

Fancy having mine converted actually....

... I f I wanted to source all the parts I'd need, what do I need and where's the best place to get 'em all? I've seen a fascia on Milners list for about £16 or something, what else do I need?

Rob
      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      "You Sir are drunk!"
      "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."

Comment

Originally posted by Robster
        Fancy having mine converted actually....

... I f I wanted to source all the parts I'd need, what do I need and where's the best place to get 'em all? I've seen a fascia on Milners list for about £16 or something, what else do I need?

Rob
        if you just want it to read mph, the fascia from milners is all you need,
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Don't I need some little gizmo to convert the speedo from kmph to mph?

And what about converting the 88000km on the clock to miles?

Rob
          Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
          "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

Don't I need some little gizmo to convert the speedo from kmph to mph?

And what about converting the 88000km on the clock to miles?

Rob
            i would leave it in km, just convert the face, stops you speeding through the cameras
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Oh yeah... hadn't thought that the new fascia would show mph and kph! Doh!

Is it quite an easy job to get into the dials and stuff then?

RB
              Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
              "You Sir are drunk!"

Comment

Oh yeah... hadn't thought that the new fascia would show mph and kph! Doh!

Is it quite an easy job to get into the dials and stuff then?

RB
                bit of care and paitence taking the dash surround off, get the clocks out take them apart instructions for fitting come with the new face from milners, just have to be careful when you take the needle off, has yours got the peg at zero that the needle rests on, if it has its electronic, if it hasnt its mechanical (speedo cable) they are both same price £16, i think yours will be electronic
                Last edited by gemini; 24 September 2003, 21:01.
                [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                  bit of care and paitence taking the dash surround off, get the clocks out take them apart instructions for fitting come with the new face from milners, just have to be careful when you take the needle off, has yours got the peg at zero that the needle rests on, if it has its electronic, if it hasnt its mechanical (speedo cable) they are both same price £16, i think yours will be electronic
                  Yep 93 is Electronic, same as mine.

All you need to take off once the dash is out is the speedo face (2 small philips screws (carefull they are soft headed) and the needle (pull off very gently).

Don't take the speedo off the circuit board, it's easy to damage (I know) and £120 to replace.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X