rear window regulator and motor wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window regulator and motor wanted

anyone breaking and got a rear window regulator and motor for my 95 4 runner.

working sun roof mechanism also needed

If local to East Mids I can pick up

cheers

Geoff i forgot to mention that you can use a window motor from a celica ,corolla or hiace van passengerside also.You can use the drivers side motors also but need to turn them 180 deg's to fit them and you should be able to get one from a sc rapyard for a tenner or so
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

regulator

thanks for info on motors. there is a lot posted about them and indeed if I get a s$$$$py motor should save £120 ish so may do that once I have checked condition of the existing.

Is there any preference/perfect match in the Jap saloon world?

Is it fair to say it would then be worth the £60 odd for the regulator mechanism new?

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64
        thanks for info on motors. there is a lot posted about them and indeed if I get a s$$$$py motor should save £120 ish so may do that once I have checked condition of the existing.

Is there any preference/perfect match in the Jap saloon world?

Is it fair to say it would then be worth the £60 odd for the regulator mechanism new?
        if you can just get a motor then fit that and see how the window is before spending out on the rest.But saying that it's entirely up to you if you want to get the rest as i would go for the motor first.

The only thing you may have to do and thats change the wire connecting block over so make sure when the wires are cut that there is enough to join them again after.
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have a couple of nearly new Lexus window motors that will fit the Surf!

Comment

lexus motors

BUSHWACKER

sounds good let me know what do you want for one of them inc P&P if you can do that.

As I am new I am not sure how to contact u or vica versa. Think I need to sign up. Someone kindly sent my email details previously - if that can be done again?

STORMFORCE

Agree about the motor first however that seems to be working ok but there is definate wear to the teeth on the crescent shaped gear and the window stalls/clunks at these points. I could just replace this gear mechanism (regulator) but I am guessing that if the regulator is so badly worn the motor gear won't be in good shape although it does work through the rest of its range.

So thinking replace the regulator, get a replacement motor just in case and if existing is ok refit it and keep other as spare.

Anyone know anything about the sun roof??

Comment

Working...
            X