Heater Matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Matrix

Anyone got a heater matrix they don't need??

Originally posted by Nellington
    Anyone got a heater matrix they don't need??
    front or back one?

Comment

Doh!! Not a scoobie mate, I just know there is no heat in my car at all and was assuming that it was the heater matrix as that is what the common fault seems to be. Didn't even know there was a front and back one. Don't suppose you have both??

Originally posted by sledge
      front or back one?

Comment

Doh!! Not a scoobie mate, I just know there is no heat in my car at all and was assuming that it was the heater matrix as that is what the common fault seems to be. Didn't even know there was a front and back one. Don't suppose you have both??
        if you've got no heat have you checked the coolant level? has it been changed recently? my guess is you need to burp the system as it sounds more like an air lock

Comment

How would one (ahem) burp his system??

if you've got no heat have you checked the coolant level? has it been changed recently? my guess is you need to burp the system as it sounds more like an air lock

Comment

rad cap off both heaters set to hot full blast and keep topping up via the rad cap until you can't get anymore in.Pour the coolant in slowly so not to cause more airlocks.Once you can't get anymore coolant in put rad cap on and take out for a good run.When home again allow to cool and check levels and top up again if needed.If the rear heater does not get hot then you have probably got a blockage in the pipe going to the rear matrix so you will have to strip it down to unblock the pipes
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok will give this a stab in the morning. Should this be done with the engine on or just the power to get the heaters running??
              Once radiator is full should I then continue with the backup??

Originally posted by stormforce
              rad cap off both heaters set to hot full blast and keep topping up via the rad cap until you can't get anymore in.Pour the coolant in slowly so not to cause more airlocks.Once you can't get anymore coolant in put rad cap on and take out for a good run.When home again allow to cool and check levels and top up again if needed.If the rear heater does not get hot then you have probably got a blockage in the pipe going to the rear matrix so you will have to strip it down to unblock the pipes

Comment

Ok will give this a stab in the morning. Should this be done with the engine on or just the power to get the heaters running??
                Once radiator is full should I then continue with the backup??
                keep the engine running all the time and the heaters on hot and full blast.As soon as you cant get any more coolant in put the rad cap on and take for a spin and re-check

Comment

Ta, will give this a go in the morning and let you know what happens!!

Comment

this link may help you

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/coolant.htm

Comment

That's great, will be off to Halfords shortly to get some more coolant.
                      I notice this involves spannering, as a general rule me+Spanner+surf = Bad.
                      But hey, you only ever make a mistake once

Comment

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, this is not only my first Surf but also my first car so I know very little about them . I have looked at the guide to flushing the radiator that Sledge sent me and it looks pretty straight forward (kiss me hardy) except for the part where it says "empty coolant resevoir". How does one empty his coolant resevoir??

Comment

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, this is not only my first Surf but also my first car so I know very little about them . I have looked at the guide to flushing the radiator that Sledge sent me and it looks pretty straight forward (kiss me hardy) except for the part where it says "empty coolant resevoir". How does one empty his coolant resevoir??
                          the reservoir is bolted to the front of the truck above the headlight.take the bolt out and lift the reservoir out.

Comment

unbolt it and tip it out, tbh unless you want to you don't need to change all the coolant. It certainly won't do any harm though, especially if you don't know when it was last done.

Gettingthe air out is the most important bit, once it's done run the engine up to temperature with the rad cap off and all the heaters on, make sure you're parked on the level or nose slightly uphill. Top up as necessary and make sure the reservoir is full to the brim before you turn the engine off, as it cools it'll draw some back in and leave the level about right.
                            =========
                            =SOLD UP!=
                            =========

Comment

Working...
                            X