A-Bar or Bull Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewlee31
    doodles is a top bloke as well, they have just built a v8 for a friend, and what a cracking piece of kit it is. its called Monster, and i have never seen anything attack stanage edge like it. awesome.

we are doing a lot of off road driving these days, pretty much every weekend and the mod parts for the landys are cheap and easily available. yes they breakdown more, and the interior plastics are made of dustbin lids.. they munch rear diffs, the boot floors are made of rust and the inner sills just plain rot etc etc etc..... but the spares are very easily available and so cheap it makes your eyes water.

still not made my mind up though, i can put my surf through things you wouldnt want to do in a landy. and i do love it lots. so at the moment im just looking, but i do want the electric leather seats if i change.

you may all shoot me now
    Very valid point on spares mate! Some might argue that the surf is reliable so you wont need to buy many spares etc! but im more then aware of the trouble you are having in getting a winch bumper(and other offroad based acessorys), If you had a disco, one quick call to Scorpion racing and it would be on your doorstep tomorrow!

I for one think it sucks that a safari snorkel on a surf seems about £50-£70 more for a surf then a disco !

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Very valid point on spares mate! Some might argue that the surf is reliable so you wont need to buy many spares etc! but im more then aware of the trouble you are having in getting a winch bumper(and other offroad based acessorys), If you had a disco, one quick call to Scorpion racing and it would be on your doorstep tomorrow!

I for one think it sucks that a safari snorkel on a surf seems about £50-£70 more for a surf then a disco !
      If your after a winch bumper for a surf you need to speak to supersurf, he had one made up out of 3" bar, I think it cost him about £300 but then he needed to adapt it to his surf. He's done a really good job on it but not sure what the total cost was
      When the going gets tough...The Surf gets going!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja_king
        If your after a winch bumper for a surf you need to speak to supersurf, he had one made up out of 3" bar, I think it cost him about £300 but then he needed to adapt it to his surf. He's done a really good job on it but not sure what the total cost was

Ive already got one mate, A bloomin amazing TJM bumper!! paid £100 for it on monday! great condition...just needs a winch!

Im just aware that other forum members are after them! one NON winch bumper sold on ebay for £340 recently! So the prices on these parts are huge in comparision to a landy!

Comment

For a surf?
          yes the bloke was selling surf parts
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
            yes the bloke was selling surf parts
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Is this the one?

Comment

no it must have finished , would have had it myself but i want a winch bumper , it was a nice bumper
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I didn't like the one thats on there now, don't think it would've fitted anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X