2.4 TD turbo wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 TD turbo wanted.

Hi all, my turbo seems to be producing weird noises like a knackered hairdryer or as stormforce says, a can of nails rattling around! So i guess i need a replacement. Has anyone got a complete turbo in good working order for sale?

cheers.
    laurie

Originally posted by lauriesmb
    Hi all, my turbo seems to be producing weird noises like a knackered hairdryer or as stormforce says, a can of nails rattling around! So i guess i need a replacement. Has anyone got a complete turbo in good working order for sale?

cheers.
    laurie
    Laurie have you got the turbo off yet and also see if you can feel any play on the shaft the fins are attatched to.You may well be able to get yours refurbed but that will cost about £500 but you should be able to get a good 2nd hand unit for £200 - £250.You will need a CT20 turbo for your 2.4
    Last edited by Koi; 7 April 2014, 20:22.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      Laurie have you got the turbo off yet and also see if you can feel any play on the shaft the fins are attatched to.You may well be able to get yours refurbed but that will cost about £500 but you should be able to get a good 2nd hand unit for £200 - £250.You will need a CT20 turbo for your 2.4
      Hi stormey,

Nope the turbo is still on the surf because i have to use it daily for work! its damn noisy but still goes well, I hope your not going to say stop driving it! Is it a straight job to remove/replace as a whole unit and whats the things to make sure i definately have to do when replacing?
      cheers for your help mate, ill buy you a beer when im back down that way.
      laurie
      Last edited by Koi; 7 April 2014, 20:22.

Comment

Hi stormey,

Nope the turbo is still on the surf because i have to use it daily for work! its damn noisy but still goes well, I hope your not going to say stop driving it! Is it a straight job to remove/replace as a whole unit and whats the things to make sure i definately have to do when replacing?
        cheers for your help mate, ill buy you a beer when im back down that way.
        laurie
        I would be carefull of driving it about too much if it is rattling like it is incase any goes completely and causes more damage.
        yours will be a hell of a lot easier to change then mine was as yours is at the top where on the 3.0 is halfway down the block.i replaced all the gaskets on mine but that was for my own piece of mind and also replaced the the oil feed/return pipe as i thought i had damaged mine but never did.I know Nippon spares(in yellow pages) offered me a turbo for the 3.0 for i thnk it was £193 delivered.just remember where you took pipes off from where.I had never done anything on the surf before but doing the turbo was easier than i thought it would be
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Heres one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...QQcmdZViewItem
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Hi marky, cheers for the link, ive put a bid in on it already!!
            laurie

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              I would be carefull of driving it about too much if it is rattling like it is incase any goes completely and causes more damage.
              yours will be a hell of a lot easier to change then mine was as yours is at the top where on the 3.0 is halfway down the block.i replaced all the gaskets on mine but that was for my own piece of mind and also replaced the the oil feed/return pipe as i thought i had damaged mine but never did.I know Nippon spares(in yellow pages) offered me a turbo for the 3.0 for i thnk it was £193 delivered.just remember where you took pipes off from where.I had never done anything on the surf before but doing the turbo was easier than i thought it would be
              I am trying to not use it much, but its only local mileage! Ive done quite a bit of work on other vehicles and found that a digital camera is an asset! take loads of pics of the job before you start from all angles and as you strip it down, that way if you get forgetful about what goes where, you can look at the pics! I need that cos my memory is going in my old age!!
              Cheers for the help mate.
              laurie

Comment

Hi marky, cheers for the link, ive put a bid in on it already!!
                laurie
                No worries hope you get sorted
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X