3rd Gen heater control knob thingy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen heater control knob thingy!

Hi Guys...I'm after a couple of the little plastic knobs that go on the heater/fan controls of my 3rd gen.

Cheers
    Mike
    http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

The EPC lists 2 differnent p/n's for this, can't figure out the difference. Both of which are used on many different models of Toyota inc the 2nd Gen and many other cars and light commercials.
    It should be easy enough to find some in your local scápyard.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

thanks for that...believe it or not the rear heater has a different knob so that might be why you get 2 numbers

Cheers
      Mike
      http://www.maninhat.myzen.co.uk/

Comment

Hmm... that makes it more confusing. when I checked first I did not check the rear heater knob, and for the front knobs it showed 2 p/n's 55905-89115 & 55905-35100, both referred to as "Knob, Heater Control"
        Now I've checked the rear knob and it is also listed as 55905-89115 but referred to as "Knob, Heater Control, No. 3"

Have you checked to see if the rear will fit the front even though it may appear different?

The 89115 number shows as also fitting models of various years inc Sprinter. Caldina, Nadia, Liteace, Townace, Surf (2nd & 3rd Gen), Hiace, Dyna, Coaster, Starlet, Tercel, Corolla, Cynos, Carina, Rav 4 and a few more
        The 35100 number is only listed as Surf (3rd Gen) & Dyna/Toyoace.

So if your rear will physically fit the front you may be able to change all of them to that type by getting them from another model. Otherwise you seem to be limited in choice to 3rd Gens and Dyna's, not as easy to source as it seemed at first.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X