Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locking wheel nuts

Hi
    does anyone know where I can purchase a set of locking wheel nuts(washer type) for a 1996 Surf?Cheers
    Powered by ????

Get them from a toyota dealer, they are a bit pricy but you get 5(one for the spare) and they are the correct washer type. If they dont have a listing for the Surf, just get the Landcruiser 90 series ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
      Get them from a toyota dealer, they are a bit pricy but you get 5(one for the spare) and they are the correct washer type. If they dont have a listing for the Surf, just get the Landcruiser 90 series ones.

Thanks
      Powered by ????

Comment

I would also go for the Toyota ones every time now.

I lost the key for my Halfords ones and with no previous experiance of locking wheelnuts had the lot off in an hour.(55 mins of that was making a key out of an old socket). They were far too easy to defeat and no obsticle to a wheel thief..

The toyota ones need the key!!!! (mine is away safe along with the code number for it!!)

Phil.

Comment

Not to be negative, but there is no "safe" lock nut. I could have any nut off in a few seconds with a tool that is available over the counter. But... Locking wheel nuts are a deterent, and everyone should have them.

Comment

Not to be negative, but there is no "safe" lock nut. I could have any nut off in a few seconds with a tool that is available over the counter. But... Locking wheel nuts are a deterent, and everyone should have them.
            Yeah,I've ordered a set from DA Autoparts(a local car spares/accessory shop),£30.00 for 4,I'll use one of the tapered ones for the spare wheel.