Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Rack / Bars and Snow Chains

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am after a full set of roof bars for my 95 3.0ltr Surf if anyone has any for sale. I need the feet, mounting kit and bars (full system) as I have none of it at the moment.

I am also after a set of snow chains if anyone can help me out, I am not all that keen on paying for a new set at over £90 as I only have to show that I am carrying them on mountain roads if I am stopped unless it gets really bad and I decide to be safe and put them on.

If anyone can help me out I would be greatful

Thanks,

Cue Ball

so when are we expecting snow then lol.

your best bet is milners, roughtrax or ebay.

Comment

Hi

I'm takking my surf to the alps in December and hopefully snow is expected there. Ebay currently has no racks or snow chains available for my BF Goodrich all terrain tyre's sized 31 x 10.5 x 15. I was hoping that I could get some second hand rather than pay new prices.

Cue Ball

Comment

try our local free ads.

Comment

I got my chains from these fellas:

www.roofbox.co.uk

and very swish they are too. They will hire you some and, I think, some roof bars so you don't have to buy either. You can't borrow my chains, I need them to go and fall over in the winter too.

Incidentally, if you're taking snowboards they fit easily in the boot even with the seats up so you won't need a rack. We had five in there last year.

If you're a skier, forget anything helpful I've just told you and stop sticking your bl00dy poles in the top of my board in the lift queue you blind hooray henry.

Comment

I have a set you can have. PM me to negotiate beer tokens. You can have the ski rack that fits on the spare tyre too.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

ive got a set too, put them on my 265/75/16's so they will fit ok on your 31's.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks guys, I have emailed you.

Sancho I'm a snowboarder, I used to be an insructor and I know all to well the hassle with skiers poles in lift ques. I got so pi$$ed of with one french guy once that I nudged him and he fell on his arse and got his skis all twisted up and it took 3 people to lift him up again...

If anyone has a roof rack laying around I would glady pay you for it as well as postage. I have three guys coming with me and all their stuff for two weeks so will have to put boards on the roof in their board bags.

Thanks for all your help so far guys.

Cue Ball...

Comment

Dirtydog your email addy is not working for some reason it keeps returning my emails.

I can't PM as I'm not a full member yet (at least I think thats why I cant pm)

How can you be contacted?

Cue Ball

Comment

Still looking for a roof rack if anyone has one...

Thanks

Cue_ball

Comment

Is it a 2nd or 3rd gen? I've got some bars that will fit a 2nd gen. Just the bars, nothing else. Well, obviously the feet and the rubber and stuff, but no ski rack or box or anything (I just put it all in the boot).

Where are you going in France?

Comment

Working...
                      X