Air Con Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Pump

Help..... My Aircon Magnetic clutch sounds really bad, noise goes when the AC is on. Does anyone have an AC pump I could buy to rob the clutch from or a clutch unit on its own?

My Surf is a 1992 Vintage 2.4L LN130

Many thanks......

Martin

PS I recon there are more surfs per square mile here on the isle of man than anywhere else in the UK. I see four on my way to work most days of the week.
    Last edited by iom_surf; 25 July 2006, 10:18.

You sure it's the pump? there's apparently a common problem with a chattering relay or something in the control module.

Detailed write up on the aussie site. see http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/aircon.htm
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I am quite sure its the A/C pump. I have disconnected the drive belt and surf sounds happy again.

The aircon works ok its just $$$$$$ noisy; noisy enough to turn heads when you drive down a street.....

Many Thanks

Martin

Comment

How soon do you need one and how easy are these things to remove?

I was planning on stripping anything easy off my deceased 2.4 Surf in the next month to get a bit of extra cash to blow on my engine conversion.

Comment

Hi JMC..... Thanks for the offer I may well take you up on it, if nothing comes along sooner.

When roughly were you thinking of doing the deed?

Thanks

Martin

Comment

Depends on how hard it is mate!

If I can find a tutorial somewhere I'll give it a bash soon if it stays dry.

Comment

Hi JMC,

Sorry for some bad news, have found a brand new clutch unit from the states at not too bad a price..... If that does not cure it I will PM you if I need your pump...

Thanks anyway,

Bye for now,

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by iom_surf
                Hi JMC,

Sorry for some bad news, have found a brand new clutch unit from the states at not too bad a price..... If that does not cure it I will PM you if I need your pump...

Thanks anyway,

Bye for now,

Martin
                No worries mate, after reading up on it I'll get someone else to do it properly so I'm not venting dodgy gases about the place!

Comment

Working...
                X