Generation 2 Surf Rear Tonneau Parcel Shelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation 2 Surf Rear Tonneau Parcel Shelf

1994/5 Generation 2 Toyota Hi-Lux Surf Rear Tonneau Parcel Shelf wanted.??

Mine is missing so would like to have one to hide things under it in the boot space.??

Must be in mint/clean condition and preferbly in grey/black.??

Will collect/meet up 50 miles radius of Worcestershire area.??
    SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

I've seen those on e-bay too. they go for around £90 though!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      I've seen those on e-bay too. they go for around £90 though!
      Ok if you ever see one can you let me know as i dont always go on ebay you see.??
      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

I've used a Ford Sierra estate cover and just adapted the ends slightly.
        Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Damian
          please take pics and advise.??
          SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Sounds interesting!

We need more details!!!
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              Sounds interesting!

We need more details!!!
              yeah.!! to right.!!!
              SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Okay, the said cover is approx 1" too short, so what I did was cut a Bic pen into two lengths of about 1/2" and put them in both ends of the cover. But this meant that it still wouldn't fit in the holes, so I found a cork (well, I had to open a bottle of red wine first!), cut it in half, drilled holes through the middles (to fit the pens), and trimmed them so they'd fit into the original slots in the vehicle.

It sounds scruffy and probably is, but you can't see the cork and bits of Bic when completed. I did intend to figure a way of doing the job a bit better and dare I say it, a bit more professional, but the thing works!

Hope that helps, I'll try and take some pics of it later.
                Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Okay, the said cover is approx 1" too short, so what I did was cut a Bic pen into two lengths of about 1/2" and put them in both ends of the cover. But this meant that it still wouldn't fit in the holes, so I found a cork (well, I had to open a bottle of red wine first!), cut it in half, drilled holes through the middles (to fit the pens), and trimmed them so they'd fit into the original slots in the vehicle.

It sounds scruffy and probably is, but you can't see the cork and bits of Bic when completed. I did intend to figure a way of doing the job a bit better and dare I say it, a bit more professional, but the thing works!

Hope that helps, I'll try and take some pics of it later.
                  would like to see pics of it.??
                  SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Well, I just bought of Ebay, a brand new lugauge cover with fitting for sierra, so give it a couple of days and we will see how well it comes out. Got it with fitting for £16+£9.50 carr. The seller recons it to be 51 1/2 inches so very close original fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashgordon
                      Well, I just bought of Ebay, a brand new lugauge cover with fitting for sierra, so give it a couple of days and we will see how well it comes out. Got it with fitting for £16+£9.50 carr. The seller recons it to be 51 1/2 inches so very close original fit.
                      Let us know how it goes.??
                      SLIPPERY WHEN WET.!!

Comment

Working...
                      X