Looking for a Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Turbo

Hi everybody new in here,just as you think the week can't get any worse your sister calls you at 10.30 at night and tells you that theres smoke coming from the back of your truck and it's stopped running-yep thats right turbo has givin up .So i'm looking to see if anybody is selling a turbo for a 1992 2.4td LN130 SURF SSR-G,All offers considered

Dont FAF around www.turbotechnics.com in Northampton around £450 for a recon unit
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

I might have a spare one next week, needs testing on a truck, won't be as good a re-con, but hella cheaper!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i'm still looking for an old one for my jet...

if any scr ap ones are floating around??
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Re

Originally posted by TonyN
          I might have a spare one next week, needs testing on a truck, won't be as good a re-con, but hella cheaper!!

Thanks tony i'll keep you in mind going to start stripping engine at weekend replacing head gasket while i'm in there.Any tips for setting the timing before i remove the head?Should be straight forward i'm sure but lorries don't have timing belts so don't get a lot of practice with them.

Comment

once you've removed the timing belt cover, all the timing marks will be there on the relevant pulleys and on the engine casing.
            See here....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm

Comment

re

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              once you've removed the timing belt cover, all the timing marks will be there on the relevant pulleys and on the engine casing.
              See here....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/timingbelt.htm
              Thanks Bushwhacker all info welcome,last engine i built was a 4cylinder 2 stroke sidecar race engine and theres nothing to them really

Comment

Working...
              X