Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulley

i need the bottom (crank) pulley for my 2.4 surf. Anyone know of someone breaking an engine? Dealer price is a joke.

Hi, ask TonyN at 4x4toys.co.uk. ( sorry can't do link- not clever enough)
    Charlie

Comment

hehe, good call, seeing as your old engine has one on it...........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jamiefarrow
        i need the bottom (crank) pulley for my 2.4 surf. Anyone know of someone breaking an engine? Dealer price is a joke.
        how much have you been quoted as mine is off the road at the mo.. coz mine has gone
        any one doing buy one get one free anywhere

tony how do you get it off..................
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Here ya go.......

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=135&vid=139

Remove the harmonic damper/pulley assembly.
          Automatics only need do this, manual owners can place the car into first and put the handbrake on to lock the motor. Tricky this bit. Remove the starter motor and jam a screw driver into the ring gear, to prevent the motor from turning but there may well be a better way.
          Get a 19mm socket and a driver (the longer the better, ie a torque wrench is good) and undo the bottom pulley bolt. It should be very tight (100+ lb/ft torque) so expect some fun.

Comment

Tont is right actually- my old engine has one. Ummmmm is it out yet? Will let you know.

Comment

Oh and by the way i found it easier to remove the first two pullies then wedge a pri-bar or crow-bar between two of the four "sticky outy bits" and pull against the breaker bar with 19mm socket on!!!!!!! Did that make any sense at all???!!!

Anyway, saves taking starter motor out.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Here ya go.......

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...id=135&vid=139

Remove the harmonic damper/pulley assembly.
                Automatics only need do this, manual owners can place the car into first and put the handbrake on to lock the motor. Tricky this bit. Remove the starter motor and jam a screw driver into the ring gear, to prevent the motor from turning but there may well be a better way.
                Get a 19mm socket and a driver (the longer the better, ie a torque wrench is good) and undo the bottom pulley bolt. It should be very tight (100+ lb/ft torque) so expect some fun.
                good evening Vince is there anything you dont know about these surf's .

starter motor extraction is a bit drastic me thinks me is going to see a man with a garage who owes me a favor, air impact wrench would do it would it not
                cutting it fine as i have arranged a greenlane run on the 28th and i take it i cant use it with a wobbly pulley or can i ?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                  good evening Vince is there anything you dont know about these surf's .

starter motor extraction is a bit drastic me thinks me is going to see a man with a garage who owes me a favor, air impact wrench would do it would it not
                  cutting it fine as i have arranged a greenlane run on the 28th and i take it i cant use it with a wobbly pulley or can i ?????????????

While the starter motor was out, you could replace the brushes and contacts etc. save doing it at a later date and they'll probably want doing anyway.

Noswaith Dda John.

Comment

two words

hessian ................ sacks

Comment

Shhhh! The forum has ears

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley
                        Oh and by the way i found it easier to remove the first two pullies then wedge a pri-bar or crow-bar between two of the four "sticky outy bits" and pull against the breaker bar with 19mm socket on!!!!!!! Did that make any sense at all???!!!

Anyway, saves taking starter motor out.
                        Thats all I do, the pry bar rests on the steering box, and heave with a breaker bar.

Its nearly out, but the pulley is off and available.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you want the pulley give me a bell 07879 838370. Cheers
                          Charlie

Comment

diamond geeza

Originally posted by charliemuttley
                            If you want the pulley give me a bell 07879 838370. Cheers
                            Charlie
                            Thanks Charlie. Saved me having to make a long journey in a bright sootie van tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                            X