block or short engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block or short engine

Well my mechanic starts to replace the head on the surf today... BUT he has found the block seems to have a crack in no. 3 "hole" or bore whatever its called sorry.So i need a block or short engine can anyone help if so email me at teegan01@msn.com or call me on 077676968331.Already spoke to stevo no good.

Many thanks

keiron
    Last edited by teegan; 12 May 2005, 19:16.

Originally posted by teegan
    Well my mechanic starts to replace the head on the surf today... BUT he has found the block seems to have a crack in no. 3 "hole" or bore whatever its called sorry.So i need a block or short engine can anyone help if so email me at teegan01@msn.com or call me on 077676968331.Already spoke to stevo no good.

Many thanks

keiron
    I just sold a complete bottom end to a guy who just wanted the crank. If you don't have any luck I'll pass on his details and you might be able to do a deal with him

Comment

Originally posted by justamin
      I just sold a complete bottom end to a guy who just wanted the crank. If you don't have any luck I'll pass on his details and you might be able to do a deal with him
      that would be great if you could mate cheers

Comment

Get STEVO to put a sleeve in it for you, Its the best alternative youve got.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Get STEVO to put a sleeve in it for you, Its the best alternative youve got.
          what would the cost of that be ?

and how come thats the best alternative..............

Comment

what would the cost of that be ?

and how come thats the best alternative..............
            BLOCKS are like hens teeth & it will probably cost a lot less
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

BLOCKS are like hens teeth & it will probably cost a lot less
              well the new head i bought for it hasnt been out of the box yet so i suppose i could send that back and buy a new lump altogether or do what you said which my mechanic has said to do aswell,ive had a few prices for new lumps and they vary from £575 to £1100.Does anyone know of any traders that need avioding IF i buy a new lump.........OR WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I DO...

a bit gutted now really i just wanted it on the road asap.

Comment

Do Any Of You Peeps Know How Much I Would Expect To Pay For A Short Engine ?

Comment

well the new head i bought for it hasnt been out of the box yet so i suppose i could send that back and buy a new lump altogether or do what you said which my mechanic has said to do aswell,ive had a few prices for new lumps and they vary from £575 to £1100.Does anyone know of any traders that need avioding IF i buy a new lump.........OR WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I DO...

a bit gutted now really i just wanted it on the road asap.
                  If you buy a new engine i'd recomend fitting the new head anyway.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

If you buy a new engine i'd recomend fitting the new head anyway.
                    IVE JUST HAD A COUPLE OF PRICES FOR THE SHORT ENGINE AND THEY BOTH ARE COMING IN AT £400 ALL IN AND DELIVERED DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD OR NOT......

Comment

re block

give me a call ihave a few here 01725552008 07836288198.

Comment

IVE JUST HAD A COUPLE OF PRICES FOR THE SHORT ENGINE AND THEY BOTH ARE COMING IN AT £400 ALL IN AND DELIVERED DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS GOOD OR NOT......
                        Dont know if it helps, but you may be able to butcher some parts off this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...549392514&rd=1. For a fiver its gotta be worth a look:
                        Jez

Comment

Originally posted by Jezware
                          Dont know if it helps, but you may be able to butcher some parts off this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...549392514&rd=1. For a fiver its gotta be worth a look:
                          thanks for that m8

Comment

thanks for that m8
                            Thats the guy I sold the bottom end to! So the one he's selling is the knackered on he's replacing. I got £250 for mine and the bores were okay except no 4 where the water had pitted the top. If you need anything else just ask

Ash

Comment

Working...
                            X