first 4runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first 4runner

hi all, sorry i dont know how to use this post thread thing so i hope i do it right! just got this toyota hilux 4runner 3ltr td auto with 78000 on it! this is my first ever 4x4 but havent used it yet because i`m having difficulty with insurance! £1600 is the cheapest up to now! ouch!! any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Try these: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=72741

Comment

Silly old **@!!

Maybe it's because im an old ""!@!!, but I have never found the insurance expensive on my surf. I have always been with direct line, I live on a farm in Aberdeenshire, I got my first 3.0 surf in 2008 when I was a pup of 35 years and I've always had full no claims bonus

Insurance never any more than £260 a year
      ..Angel..

Comment

Proberbly more to do with location than age
        £1600 if you live in liverpool
        £260 if you live on a farm in aberdeen

A couple of years ago my insurance went up to nearly double when I moved not even a mile away

Comment

Budget quoted me £1700 :lol:

Ended up getting it for £435 from Flux. Lots of stuff included, also.

Keep digging, searching and prodding.

It's an unregulated legal requirement. They're out to rip you off (because they can) so search for those decent ones trying to supply a service. They're out there.

Comment

i`ve only had my licence for 2 years now so that doesnt help me! i`ve always had a motorbike. i`ve got 2 years no claim on my car but most insurance companys wont use that because i cant use the no claims on two cars! just tried flux and they said £1550!! dont know what to do i just want to get out in my truck and i dont even live in a bad part of liverpool so they have no reason to charge that much!! i`ll keep trying but gettin a bit sick of filling the online forms out and getting a stupid quote and then starting all over again on another one!!!!

Comment

4runner now a surf!!

just found out my hilux 4runner is actually a surf!!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20130317_115047.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	319.4 KB
ID:	1257752

Name:	20130317_115058.jpg
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	1257753

Name:	20130317_115110.jpg
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	1257754

Name:	20130317_115122.jpg
Size:	312.2 KB
ID:	1257755

Name:	20130317_115142.jpg
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	1257756

why would they put 4runner on the side?

Comment

Just renewed my insurance for year as well. £516 notes

Comment

You might find the high insurance quotes are because you don't have a no-claims discount you can use on it. What is your other car? Would it work out cheaper to transfer your ncd from your existing policy onto the surf, then start a new policy (without ncd) on your other car? Depends what the car is, I guess.

Or even bin the other car and use only your surf?
                  Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Team Japan View Post
                    You might find the high insurance quotes are because you don't have a no-claims discount you can use on it. What is your other car? Would it work out cheaper to transfer your ncd from your existing policy onto the surf, then start a new policy (without ncd) on your other car? Depends what the car is, I guess.

Or even bin the other car and use only your surf?
                    i ended up getting the insurance for £495 fully comp with no no claims! that was with noel dazley! well pleased!!

Comment

Really?? Direct Line refused to cover me!

Originally posted by angelonawire View Post
                      Maybe it's because im an old ""!@!!, but I have never found the insurance expensive on my surf. I have always been with direct line, I live on a farm in Aberdeenshire, I got my first 3.0 surf in 2008 when I was a pup of 35 years and I've always had full no claims bonus

Insurance never any more than £260 a year
                      Its amazing how insurances vary!I had at the time been with direct Line for about 8 years with Max No claims,& protected bonus.The day I was hoping to buy my surf I phoned them to see if they would cover me the weekend to collect "Her", their reply was"yes sir certainly,intact we will cover you until the Tuesday"and there was no charge! I was delighted.So I bought the vehicle,and gave them a call to arrange the Insurance Swap-I could not believe what I heard on the phone,"Sorry sir,at this time we are unable to insure Grey Imports!" ,I even called back later and tried with someone else,no joy! I then went to A Flux.It aint cheap at £460.00 per year,but they are an excellent company that I have never had no issues with.A friend did tell me after the incident with Direct Line that I should have told them it was a 4runner,then they would have insured me,but surely this is Fraud?

Comment

Working...
                      X