X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best thing I ever did!!!

Just bought my first Surf!!!

Shes a 2.4td SSR-X 1993 build!!!!

Always fancied a 4x4 but couldn't justify it. Then a mate who's had a surf for years convinced me to buy one instead of a van for the business, and here she is! Damn why didn't I get one earlier!

Due to get it decalled up before long though for the business, so this may be the last time she's seen like this.

Excellent!

Just one thing, you need new rear springs. If it's going to be your workhorse, maybe some uprated springs from Milners or Roughtrax.

Comment

Cheers for the info!!!

When I say workhorse it will be road use transporting martial arts equipment so nothing very heavy!! Will I still need to change them?

I would love to try taking it offroad but had never driven a 4x4 before I bought her let alone going off road!

The time will come though but its one step at a time. Been lucky enough to find a garage locally by a guy who seems to be a bit of a surf enthusiast!

Have the first MOT on Monday and looks like I need pads and discs changing, otherwise all seems ok. Touch wood!

Comment

Good choice!! Had mine a few months and they are fantastic motors!
        I would recommend that you never visit this site again however. I warn you now it will take up your time and will make you want to spend money.
        See that post above form Bushwhacker? Looks innocent doesnt it?
        I know what your thinking: 'New springs? Makes sense if I need it and its good for the vehicle. Only cost around £50, thats nothing, I can handle it.'

Before you know it, you'll be saying 'well I've seen some lift their trucks a couple of inches just by putting slightly longer springs in. Looks pretty good. same job, so why not do that. Still only £50. Game on.

Soon you'll be saying 'ooh that means maybe I should put new shocks with an extra couple of inches on, ohh thosebigtyreslooknicehowwouldi getmesomeofthose?maybeishouldp utatowbaronwho'sthissurfenstei nbloke?whatsgreen-laningshouldigetanymodsforthat .......

Run now while you still have a chance

Seriously though, this place is a wealth of information, good humour, tireless ribbing and will save you hours of pain and lots of cash with all the expertise available. Welcome

If you need decals/stickers search for 'need stickers. in the search function and get in touch with Apache for all your sticker needs!
        Last edited by biosurf; 23 July 2008, 13:05.

Comment

The rear is sagging without any weight in it by the look of it. Springs are around £50 per pair plus delivery and should take no more than an hour to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            The rear is sagging without any weight in it by the look of it. Springs are around £50 per pair plus delivery and should take no more than an hour to fit.
            May be a good idea!!!

That is a fully loaded boot though! Looking at milners now!!!!

Comment

and so it begins......

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                and so it begins......
                I think it started before I bought the beast (as wife has nicknamed her!).

She is already threatening divorce unless I buy her a MK1 MR2!

Comment

go for the divorce option then you can afford an MR2's worth of mods!

at least until the courts decide you need to give her most of your money for the rest of your lives

But at least you'll still have the mods!

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse

Come inside and make yourself at home, feel free to join in the banter

I'm the squirrel they will warn you about, but i'm innocent - it's the Yeti you want to be worried about - he's into pebbledashing everywhere

Trev
                    Last edited by That Ruddy Squirrel; 23 July 2008, 17:44.
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

go for the divorce option then you can afford an MR2's worth of mods!

at least until the courts decide you need to give her most of your money for the rest of your lives

But at least you'll still have the mods!

Hate to say it she's actually been good to me!!!! I need someone to drive when I've had too many!!! Also as she is the main director of MY business it could make things tricky!! I could get her a shitty MR2 so she decides she prefers the surf, then I buy her a surf as well!!!!!
                      Last edited by jelsplace; 23 July 2008, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        Welcome to the nuhouse
                        You would have thought if anyone could spell 'nuthouse' it would be you?

Comment

You would have thought if anyone could spell 'nuthouse' it would be you?
                          Someone made a brew and I drank the T

Comment

That cos the squirrel is after nuTs
                            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                              That cos the squirrel is after nuTs
                              and you responded right on cue

Comment

Working...
                              X