• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post 1st Toyota!!

Hi Folks, This is my first post, and its a picture of my 1st Toyota
    Picked it up two weeks ago

Let taste be the enemy of art!

Sweeeeeeet!

Welcome to the forum mate....and get yourself ready for all the 'hairdresser' comments......
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
      Sweeeeeeet!

Welcome to the forum mate....and get yourself ready for all the 'hairdresser' comments......
      as if we would say things like that lol
      how many sockets for hairdriers does it have?lol

Comment

No i think these machines are ace!!! Not all cars can take you through some rough terrain and give your enough storage for all your work gears i.e combs and stuff.

Enjoy her but you have to get her muddy!!!! Im sure your clients will understand. Word to the wise though, tie the ceramic straighteners down or they can crack on impact while off roading.

Oh and the odd colour war may rear its head every now and then (pinch of salt necessary). Catch you later mate
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Now what you need to do is to get down here is 3 weeks time and get it plastered in Cornish mud to christen it at the rtts...
          Oh hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Actually i may be able to attend rtts this year, long way for me (625 miles) but am going to my parents in Torquay that week, obviously im now taking the surf.

V dubbers not mind the surfers joinin in?
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
              Actually i may be able to attend rtts this year, long way for me (625 miles) but am going to my parents in Torquay that week, obviously im now taking the surf.

V dubbers not mind the surfers joinin in?
              more than welcome to join us Veg.All the details in the off roading section

Comment

Cheers mate, only offroading ive been able to do is dipping into farms when farmer aint looking, got shot at last week(pretend i think), was unsure of legalities, so now have to stick to designated tracks.
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Cheers mate, only offroading ive been able to do is dipping into farms when farmer aint looking, got shot at last week(pretend i think), was unsure of legalities, so now have to stick to designated tracks.
                  the course and the lanes are non damaging unless you do something really stupid but there was no damage done last year so you should be ok

Comment

Fairly smooth sticky then? Cool, this area looks like an offroaders paradise but every inch of land is owned by someone, i have one or 2 friends with land but they say dont make a mess. I can do that driving on tarmac.

Cheers pal, may see you there
                    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Fairly smooth sticky then? Cool, this area looks like an offroaders paradise but every inch of land is owned by someone, i have one or 2 friends with land but they say dont make a mess. I can do that driving on tarmac.

Cheers pal, may see you there
                      Ok Carl.I will put up my mobile number and the farmers post code where everyone is camping the week before so keep an eye open the the rtts thread and hope to see you there

Comment

Cheers pal, itll be a first for me as a surf owner for only 2 months now. Watch me make a mess of offroading. good for a laugh, only prob is i have crummy road tyres front end, you think ill need change em before?
                        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Hi Veggie

I will be travelling down early on sat from Plymouth, you can tag along if you want to.
                          My other cars a QUAD
                          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Good idea, will let you know nearer the time, my wife is approaching popping ma first sprog so all depends on that progress but fingers crossed i can join along for ma first proper event.
                            Sounds sad what im about to say but: EXCITIN INNIT?

Also helps to have another surf close by in case i need some bits he he (only joking) Have replaced half my truck so should be ok now.

Catch you later guys gotta go fetch and carry nonsense for the wife
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Cheers guys. I didn't know there was a hair dresser model surf
                              I thought that was just Vitara's
                              Well as you can see from my SJ I'm no stranger to the art of off road mods!

My SJ Pre-Angle grinder

And now!!

I've started modding the Smurf with a Stainless towing socket, so I can switch between droped towing ball or raised recovery D shackle, and later demountable winch.
                              Will have to get some details of lift stuff, as I make stainless and ally lift kits for Vitara's, the Gen 3 looks simular to the Vits suspension so.........
                              Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Working...
                              X