My 3 rescues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3 rescues

Here are some pics of my 3 rescue whippets.
    Trying to fig out how to post pics tho.

some more

some more
    Last edited by marticogo; 1 July 2007, 13:18.

Comment

Are they ex racing dogs or am I getting confused with greyhounds? When you get them do they have to be house trained. I imagine they are older dogs so maybe not as easy as with a pup, thinking of taking on an ex racing dog myself

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Oldest one is 10 and is a diamond, soft as muck, very lazy, he was house trained when we got him. If its raining he wont go out to pee for 18 hours
        (his record). Middle one is 4, she is crazy but very friendly, She needed a
        bit of house training. Third is 2yrs old and he needed pointing in the direction of the back door occasionally but with positive encouragement he goes
        outside as well. just dont leave plastic around he likes to pee on it.
        Must be the smell!

The oldest was the runt of the litter and we are his third home.
        He has been with us for 4 years. Middle one has been with us for 2
        years and spent 3 months tied up in a dark shed and used for breeding.
        Third one 'titch' was being used for breeding but did a bunk at a motorway
        service station and was on the run for 9 days in the freezing cold.

They are all very soft and lazy . Unless something, furry, small and runs like
        hell, then they wake up!
        Small one was chasing a small fox this morning. They don't need much exercise.
        They are not ex racers or greyhounds. Homing an ex racer can be easy.
        I had one years ago but had to return him reluctantly cos he was attacked
        by a local dog and ran all the way back home. He wouldn't go outside again.
        They are very affectionate. They dont seem to like other dogs much tho .
        Just other whippets greyounds lurchers etc..
        There are loads of sites and rescues crying out for people to adopt a hound. They also give you lots of support and help.
        Try it !
        Bonus they don't get fat. Once you get one may as well have 2 or 3 or 4 or 5!

Comment

Working...
        X