shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooting

hi, i know theres members who shoot on this site so im brain picking, had a shotgun cert since 1990, im now in process of applying for a f.a.c, i have a named farm to shoot on, does this mean i can only shoot on that land, cheers

BASC recommend saying on the application that you intend to use it on "[named farm] and other land on which permission has been given" for a sporting rifle - see here .
    Whether a fac will be granted on that basis probably depends on the specific force, but if granted on that basis it would seem to cover more general use.
    I haven't had a fac for many years, but when I did I regularly shot at various compeitions (Bisley etc), so presume it wasn't limited in location to my usual range (at least I hope it wasn't!).
    Course the rules may have changed since then...

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
      BASC recommend saying on the application that you intend to use it on "[named farm] and other land on which permission has been given" for a sporting rifle - see here .
      Whether a fac will be granted on that basis probably depends on the specific force, but if granted on that basis it would seem to cover more general use.
      I haven't had a fac for many years, but when I did I regularly shot at various compeitions (Bisley etc), so presume it wasn't limited in location to my usual range (at least I hope it wasn't!).
      Course the rules may have changed since then...
      hi thanks for info, i have been shooting with a friend on his pheasant shoot who has a fac, he is also a referees for me, dont know if it will help me, see how it goes, cheers.

Comment

My understanding was that the land section is just so that they can assess the claimed justification for needed a firearm and the suitability. I.e. "pest control" on a farm is fine, but only if you have, or have regular access (and appropriate permission) to a farm. If you only have a 12th floor balconey they might start to wonder... If you plan to shoot on a particular friend's land, then there is no reason (assuming that land is suitable) why that should not be good justification, and then as I understand it you are entitled to shoot elsewhere as well (again assuming appropriate permission).
        In my experience the firearms police are very helpful once they are happy you are not a lunatic - talk to them and ask what the stipulations are. I would have thought the relevant police force in North Wales would be used to dealing with genuine shooting folk and so are sensible - probably more of a drama with the Met!

Comment

Originally posted by flounderbout View Post
          My understanding was that the land section is just so that they can assess the claimed justification for needed a firearm and the suitability. I.e. "pest control" on a farm is fine, but only if you have, or have regular access (and appropriate permission) to a farm. If you only have a 12th floor balconey they might start to wonder... If you plan to shoot on a particular friend's land, then there is no reason (assuming that land is suitable) why that should not be good justification, and then as I understand it you are entitled to shoot elsewhere as well (again assuming appropriate permission).
          In my experience the firearms police are very helpful once they are happy you are not a lunatic - talk to them and ask what the stipulations are. I would have thought the relevant police force in North Wales would be used to dealing with genuine shooting folk and so are sensible - probably more of a drama with the Met!
          i have been shooting on a farm since 1991, i have a letter from farm owner giving me permission, also he has a f.a.c, i will send letter with the form yes,he is renewing his f.a.c it got sent back because he had pictures done with his hat and glasses on, give us laugh bless,

Comment

Working...
          X