South Wales Surfin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Wales Surfin

Hi all, I've had my Surf for a year now and after major surgery (new head) and a new set of A/T tyres the time has come to take the old girl off-road. Lakeside Farm in Gylfach Goch have got an open day on 7th November with 3 different routes so I'm gonna have a look at that but I'm desperate to get out there even sooner. Can anyone point me towards some green lanes in South Wales?
    Cheers, Al
    Last edited by alanelworthy; 21 October 2004, 11:27.

Off road in South Wales

Hi Al ,
    Sorry no knowledge of sites down your way but interested in the open day. Please keep us posted. If you discover any good routes over the coming weeks, why not arrange a surfers day-out? The NW area has had some great events recently. Cheers, StrangeRover (would-be surfer).

Comment

Hi, details of Lakeside Farm and the open day can be found at www.cardiff4x4club.co.uk or tel Kevin on 01443 672070. I don't know what the place is like but I'm gonna go along in November and am sure it'll be a great laff. I tried my new tyres on a local track yesterday evening (Michaelston Le Pit), was awesome fun but the lane was blocked by a fallen tree about half mile in (long reverse) - got the bug now! I do have a contact (Suzi owner) who knows all the lanes around here so I'll tap him for info and keep you posted.

Regards,

Al

Comment

i may see you on the 7th. still recovering from the £120 diesel bill from the north wales trip.

Comment

Hi, hope to see you on Sunday, will keep an eye out for your truck and say hello. Since my last post I've invested in an OS map and spent last Sunday morning investigating 4 different lanes marked up as unsurfaced roads - absolutely fantastic. Only short routes but awesome fun. Have also joined GLASS, the Green Lane Association and they've got an on-line database of thousands of lanes all over the country which I haven't even looked at yet! It's gonna be a fun winter methinks. Regards, Al
          Attached Files
          Last edited by alanelworthy; 6 November 2004, 12:35.

Comment

Working...
          X