Wher can i go off-roading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wher can i go off-roading?

Having recently bought a surf, i would like to go off-road, can anyone tell me the best place to go, i live in Lymington, Hants. I did think of going onto the New Forest but thought better of it, i dont think the Forestry Commision would be too happy!
    Attached Files

Hi Lee.

To find the best places to go look on the threads here for info on offroad centres or days out green laning.

You are right to stay of the forestry land as you will be trespassing. If you want to go laning then buy an ordance survey map such as the Landranger series ( the pink ones ) and look for BOATS byways open to all traffic shown as a pink cross - dash line or RUPP's which are a pink large dash followed by a small dash line.

You should also check with the local authority's Rights of Way officer ( NF Council would be yours ), to make sure none of the lanes have restrictions on them.

You MUST stay off footpaths and bridleways - these have no vehicle rights on them.

Oh yeah, all BOATS and RUPPS are covered by the Road Traffic Act so the same rules apply as tarmac roads as far as legality is concerned

I'm not sure theres any around the NF but I'm going out on Sunday to Andover and Salisbury plains if you want to come along.

PM me if you want anymore info

Dan
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by leerobert
      Having recently bought a surf, i would like to go off-road, can anyone tell me the best place to go, i live in Lymington, Hants. I did think of going onto the New Forest but thought better of it, i dont think the Forestry Commision would be too happy!

Danno has organised a trip to Slindon on 16th Oct.. thats not too far..

Also make sure you look out for the Hants/Berks get togethers as you'll meet some people to go green laning with then!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Oops. thankyou linda!! Oh and its the 17th, Sunday

See here

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...ead.php?t=7306
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Oh blast - I never noticed it changed!! Now we're booked - never mind - remember to tell me when the next one is!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X