Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon, Shoreham, Dun it

Hi All

Surf is now christened. The freebie grin just got bigger had a chat with John Morgan before setting off. Told me too remove silly running boards and replace them with some proper bars said i would modify my towbar electrics, I did.

I was only Surf there Suzuki's every where certainly is a case that size doesn't matter in this case I found the length of the Surf a bit of a problem on some humps but not as much as a Freelander I helped off a ledge.
    Now I need some proper tyres some underside protection and I can have a go at the next level.

Only down side of the day, cleaning it and the missus moaning about the go faster scratches down the sides but was worth it.
    Roll on Slindon.

Steve
    Attached Files
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Originally posted by Esamed
    Hi All

Surf is now christened. The freebie grin just got bigger had a chat with John Morgan before setting off. Told me too remove silly running boards and replace them with some proper bars said i would modify my towbar electrics, I did.

I was only Surf there Suzuki's every where certainly is a case that size doesn't matter in this case I found the length of the Surf a bit of a problem on some humps but not as much as a Freelander I helped off a ledge.
    Now I need some proper tyres some underside protection and I can have a go at the next level.

Only down side of the day, cleaning it and the missus moaning about the go faster scratches down the sides but was worth it.
    Roll on Slindon.

Steve
    well done steve it looks like a surf now lol weekend will never be the same now keep on surfling
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Did you do the full job and kill the fog lamp too ???

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No luckily its above the tow bar frame mounted to underside of bumper.

Steve

Comment

not so much the length as the grouns clearance on the freelander and discos

my mate got one of each between him and his girlfriend and every obstacle you have to get out and check you're not gonna rip off the front bumper
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yes quite true he had only small steel wheels. lucky or unlucky he missed the front bumper and was left nicely on the sills with all 4 wheels spinning.

Took alot of puff from the old surf to get it off had to borrow a rope and shackles from a Defender who had broken down with a dodgey fuel pump.

Must remember next time to keep windows shut the interior seems to have changed colour.

Steve
            Last edited by Esamed; 6 September 2004, 21:22.

Comment

Working...
            X