off road insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off road insurance

this may be a stupid question - but if i go off road with a mate in a land rover (said quietly under my breath) can i or should i fix up some off road insurance - or is there such a thing - i would imagine not - but then not many trees to hit on salisbury plain.

any thoughts
    NO MORE TRUCK

As far as I know. To go greenlaning ie byways and RUPPS you must have a fully legal ie lights and number plates, tax, MOT and normal insurance. As these are al classed as public roads and are covered under the Road Traffic Act.

I spoke to my insurers and they said that I'm covered for any incident on such roads.

Salisbury plain is a bit different as not all the roads are BYWAYS or RUPPS. The military allow public access to any graded stone road. BUT these are not all classed as BYWAYS, therefore your normal insurance might not cover you for accidents. If you are worried buy an OS map and stick to the byways and RUPPS

Normal road insurance will not cover you for off road events at centres such as Devil's Pit etc. These are classed as motorsport.

For offroad insurance try looking in 4x4 magazines or try Sureterm Direct 0870 2020230. www.sureterm.co.uk

PS If you go to Salisbury let me know, I may just join you. Watch out for the LAnd Wardens, they are getting VERY hot on people being where they shouldn't. They can impound your vehicle and give you a £1000 fine. I speak from experience!
    Last edited by Danno; 26 August 2004, 19:58.
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
    X