anyone been along the ridgeway byways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone been along the ridgeway byways

The ones between marlborough and swindon, next to ogbourne st grorgre, I had a look as didnt know there were that many there , looked very good but was alone so didnt bother.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Originally posted by muddle View Post
    The ones between marlborough and swindon, next to ogbourne st grorgre, I had a look as didnt know there were that many there , looked very good but was alone so didnt bother.
    Just watch out for the walkers and other users can get a bit tetchy

Have a look at Explorer Map 157 it is pretty expansive.

However some sections are pretty chewed up and very hard going don't forget to check for TRO's

Have a look here as well

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/communit...waymapping.htm
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks bud, they seemed peetty well marked up as to where you can go, I drove 200m or so down one to have a good look and its all signed up as to whats byway or not.

Comment

some of them get closed over winter
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

What he says and you could end up with a£60 fine and 3 points......

Comment

looked today and most of them are shut from 1st october till 30th april.

Comment

Not done that end of the ridgeway. Been along the berkshire/oxfordshire part and like the wiltshire part it's subject to closures over winter.
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54362
              Last edited by captain_chaos; 13 November 2012, 00:24. Reason: added link
              Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Where can I get a map like the one you posted? Looks ace along there. Come may im on it for sure!

Comment

Used to work in architects office and used the large scale scanner to make a copy of an os map.
                  It was a great day out. Spent quite a while towing my friends vitara lol
                  Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

i looked through all the pics, and now im getting impatient for may to arrive!

atlease the plains are still open

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
                      i looked through all the pics, and now im getting impatient for may to arrive!

atlease the plains are still open
                      There are rumors that alot will be TRO ed after xmas due to some cleaning up costs
                      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                        There are rumors that alot will be TRO ed after xmas due to some cleaning up costs
                        Best get a trip organised before then

Comment

Working...
                        X