lake district newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lake district newbie

Picking up the motor on Saturday, and going to take it up to the lakes the following week. Don't want to get stuck in any major ruts or anything but does anyone know of any easy byways up there for a bit of a crack. I'll have the missus and the kids in so nothing too heavy.

Is it ok to get a landranger map, look for the dotted red lines and follow them or could I end up stuck in the !!!!, so to speak.

any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Originally posted by harvey670
    Picking up the motor on Saturday, and going to take it up to the lakes the following week. Don't want to get stuck in any major ruts or anything but does anyone know of any easy byways up there for a bit of a crack. I'll have the missus and the kids in so nothing too heavy.

Is it ok to get a landranger map, look for the dotted red lines and follow them or could I end up stuck in the !!!!, so to speak.

any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben
    Welcome aboard Ben, I am going to arange a south lakes green lane run in the very near future.
    Any who are interested post a reply in the south lakes expidition and we will make a list.

The route is to start at Cark (south of Cartmel), will run for aprox 44.5 miles and take up to 5 hours and finishes in Tebay (Off J38 M6).
    There is a chance of scratches, there is some loose rock areas and some of the route will be split by short bursts on main roads, open moor land and fells.
    There are also, if the weather is clear, some fantastic veiws and scenary.

Fish
    Last edited by Fish; 2 July 2004, 00:44.
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Ben there is a good route up to Parkamoor running up the side of Coniston Water.

Landranger map 97 start point High Nibthwaite map ref 89-29 going up to 92-30.

It looks more extreme than it is, don't be tempted to continue after you get to the top as it looks ok but is very wet.

Comment

Todays the day Ben, we will want piccy's in the forum as soon as poss you know.

The Blackburn posse is now up to 3 that I know of.

Fish
        If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

Thanks chaps for all the info. Picked up the car on Saturday, well chuffed with it. Non stop from Devon to Lancashire didn't miss a beat. Up to the Lakes this weekend for a bit of a play.

Cheers for all the info I have received while looking for a surf (you know who you are)..

I'll keep my eye on the site

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Working...
          X