yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-driver required for Landy Rally 2010 – in 8 days time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-driver required for Landy Rally 2010 – in 8 days time!

In less than 8 days time I shall be departing for the Continent for the fourth Landy Rally Euro 4x4 Charity Drive, and guess what? I don't have a co-driver - and I’m the blinking Event Director! Unfortunately due to family reasons, the person that was going to go can't make it after all, so the hunt is now well and truly on to find myself a co-driver at the eleventh hour.

Good thing is it won't cost the new recruit a penny, as all the fuel is covered along with the ferry, camping and prize-giving dinner. So it'll be purely beer money and grub to find.

Although the event is only from 11-19 September, of course there is before and after to include. This makes the actual dates from departure in the UK to return 8-22 September 2010 inclusive.

What skills are required? Although not essential, Land Rover mechanical knowledge would be good, however, a sense of humour is even more important. The days can be long at times (3,000 on/off-road miles divided by 9 days doesn’t take a lot of figuring out) as we negotiate our way from the start line in south of Holland, down through the Alps (including tackling the 60+ hairpins of the world-famous Stelvio Pass in Italy – voted the ‘Best Driving Road in the World by Top Gear), west across the dusty Pyrenees, and back up via the Dordogne to the finish in Calais.

The co-driver’s role, apart from following the Road Book and of course their share of the actual driving (I have a Range Rover Classic by the way), is to also help out with scoring the team’s daily challenge sheets – much like in a Treasure Hunt in fact. Don’t panic though as it really is a simple task marking scores … anyone can do it in fact.

So, do you know of anyone who would be up for it? If so please ask them to contact me ASAP - details via the event website at www.landyrally.com Ta!

Tom I am going into work today and try and move things around.
    Will let you know this evening or first thing Friday
    Brian

Comment

place has gone i phoned up too!

but should sort something like this out for us lot!

http://www.4x4valdisere.com/bienvenue.php

this is the web site for the off road centre in the alps if anyone can read french can you tanslate!
      Last edited by dannyboy77; 2 September 2010, 13:27.
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Sorry to those of you who contacted me about this role, but the position of my co-driver in Landy Rally 2010 has been filled. This includes dannyboy77 - the chap is also a mechanic by trade which definitely swung it.

Apparently the guy has driven the London to Mongolia Rally previously in a Skoda Favoit, so driving a Range Rover Classic a mere 3,000 miles around central Europe will be a doodle ... if it makes it. Well, it's a RR!

Thanks to the forum admin for letting me post up my appeal.

Duty-free Andorra with its vodka at £2 a litre here we come!!!!!!!!!!!

Danny ... should you want to pursue the Val d'Isere visit on behalf of HiLuxSurf, then PM me and I can pass on my contact's email address. He speaks good English! Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
          place has gone i phoned up too!

but should sort something like this out for us lot!

http://www.4x4valdisere.com/bienvenue.php

this is the web site for the off road centre in the alps if anyone can read french can you tanslate!
          That looks very interesting.
          Neal

Comment

Back in one piece. Actually back a couple of days ago but it takes at least 48 hours to recover, not to mention sort out a mountain of paperwork, stacks of emails to answer/spam to delete, unpack, etc.

Hope you enjoyed the www.3ARC.com/landyrally ‘moving picture show’. Those “ariel images” are great, as for the 3D stuff, they’re simply mind-boggling!

As for the actual event, although I say so myself Landy Rally 2010 was a great success. Won by a Dutch team for the second year running (The Flintstones) beating the Bristol Stags’ Xtreme Ironing Team by only 50 points out of a possible 5,000+ I really did think this edition matched the inaugural 2007 event in terms of enjoyment and camaraderie, due in no small part to the teams themselves. What a bunch of characters! We even have a "Landy Rally Song" out of it as one of the entrants brought his guitar with him, so the evenings and especially the prize-giving dinner were a real laugh. See the forum at www.landyrally.com for the crews reactions and their collections of stunning photos.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album-MSSTF4...and_Rover.html is particularly good.

Now for the sad bit - unfortunately next year will be the last ever edition of Landy Rally. In a nutshell, due to the financial recession, this was the 2nd consecutive year with low entries (only 15 teams as opposed to 30 previously), so the bottom line is that I’m losing money running the event. So if you want to be part of one of the best charity runs ever – the team’s words not mine – then start saving for 10-18 September 2011. Over £100,000 had been raised for good causes before this year’s event, so gawd knows what it stands at now. The event is open to all 4x4's (this year we had a Suzuki SJ and a ToyotaLandCrusier) so no excuses!

There are no minimum requirements in terms of fund-raising for your team’s nominated charity, so no pressure whatsoever regarding donations. You raise what you can when you can, as some are better than others when it comes to raising funds.

Again, thanks to the forum for allowing me to post on here … it’s appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X