Surrey laning Tuesday 3rd August PM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey laning Tuesday 3rd August PM?

I know its short notice, but does anyone fancy going green laning up at cold harbour on tuesday evening? i know of a few lanes up there, but also know of, but dont know where a good few more are!

i have road tyres, so it wont be anything to strenuous!

this will be my first time in the Surf too!

Curly

We normally go up there on a weekend!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

no can do weekends at the moment! have to make do with evening runs up there!

Comment

it was a really good evening. went there with 2 x landcruiser 90 series all kitted up, an 80 series landcruiser heavilly modded and a standard P38 rangerover.
        Attached Files

Comment

NICE! I like that lane. It's the next best thing since they shut off the other lane because of that motor bike accident. Did you find you needed to get momentum up before getting over that?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            NICE! It's the next best thing since they shut off the other lane because of that motor bike accident.
            That lane was so good. That was my first time offroading we went down there. Scared the cr@p out of me as the wheel went up in the air... then carried on going. But was AMAZING!

Always up for Surrey laning once the Surfs sorted.

Comment

Last time I took my Surf down there it was covered in small scratches. They buff out but it's a pain in the bum! It's too overgrown in some places.

Have you been through the ford? Thats where I think I got a little water into my diff
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

it was great fun. and yes i did have to get some momentum to get through that cross axle bit! the landcruisers i was with had rear diff locks which were great, just popped them in and off they went! brilliant!

the lane wasnt over grown at all either really, nothing you couldn't avoid apart from one bit right at the end, but it was only bracken.

i didn't see any Fords either, where is it?

and what happened down the closed green lane? motorbike crash?

reckon we should sort out another trip up to these lanes soon too, maybe go looking for new ones!?

Comment

I'm up for Surrey laning anytime gents. Let me know...

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                    "I know its short notice, but does anyone fancy going green laning up at cold harbour on tuesday evening? i know of a few lanes up there, but also know of, but dont know where a good few more are!

i have road tyres, so it wont be anything to strenuous!

this will be my first time in the Surf too!"

Curly
                    whereabouts is coldharbour
                    the name rings a bell but cant think where it is

Comment

It's near beare green just off the A24

if you google 'Coldharbour' it shows a map, and a photo of the plough pub, which is right at the start of 2 good lanes.

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

Those two lanes arent difficult though. Even when it has been raining hard RWD is all thats needed.
                        There used to be a difficult one but it got closed due to a motorbike rider falling off his bike.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

True, but still enjoyable. The lane that was closed due to the bike crash was by far the best though. I wonder if they ever open it again?

Does anyone know where the lane with the ford is around here?

Comment

Curly wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORM8geKPGyU

Can anyone tell me where the lane in the video above with the ford is?
                            I have driven the other lanes in the other videos, but not the ford one!

Curly

TQ125389

Nick

I posted this on another forum and got the reply from nick showing this TQ125389.

Does anyone know what this TQ number is?

Comment

coldharbour

Originally posted by Curly View Post
                              It's near beare green just off the A24

if you google 'Coldharbour' it shows a map, and a photo of the plough pub, which is right at the start of 2 good lanes.

Cheers,

CURLY
                              ta
                              is it the lanes behind the plough,wolvins lane ? does it come out anywhere or is it start and finish in the same place? can you just drive anywhere up there?
                              many thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X