Briercliffe Nr Nelson 4x4 Funday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briercliffe Nr Nelson 4x4 Funday

Just for any1 that may be interested in a play out on the 4th July.

"SUNDAY JULY 4th - Sunday 10-4pm - @ £30 pay on the day - BRIERCLIFFE, nr Burnley, Lancs., Site Description Large quarry / moorland site with natural water sections, lots of climbs and great fun, axle twisters, "bomb" holes and mud sections. DIRECTIONS M65 junction 12 past B&Q Superstore. Right at roundabout towards Brierfield. First traffic lights turn LEFT signposted HAGGATE. Travel up the hill past Nelson Golf Club. RIGHT at the "T" junction. Into BRIERCLIFFE and straight across the cross roads. FOLLOW 4x4 FUNDAY signs from the M65 junction 12 motorway junction. CATERING - we have a new caterer for this venue, BRIAN WATTS and OFF THE RAILS, please give hime your fullest support !" http://www.4x4funday.co.uk/offrd.html

I have heard from Marky quote "BRIERCLIFFE is unforgiving as its a quarry lots of rocks & boulders that will do permanent damage just be aware"
    But looking at the attached pic the water doesnt look very challenging but i know pics dont always show how it is in reallity.
    Attached Files
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

I said just be careful
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I notice from the piccy only lannys, a dizzy and a pick up, so led to think loopy rock dogin loooooony course. Must be missing some vital neurons but "want to play"

Fish
      If it smells like fish, eat it!

Comment

KEV have a reccy tommorrow if you are passing
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Advice taken....cheers.....the only danger is me lol..... how far do i push it ? Knowing me ill push it till something breaks, then wish i hadnt. Durrrrr 1 day i may learn.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

We need to find a decent site so till then we have to explore all the options available
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

Rochdale sounds ok but never been yet...hopefully this weekend. I know what u mean a good site with regular access would be great. But no matter what site u have, if u play there 2 often and have conquered it all, u will still need to find new challenges from somewhere.
              BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

I'm 99% gonna be there, been loads of times in my Rangies and Lannies and yes, it's rocky in places. It's also 'marshy' and very muddy too with some good hill climbs.

Get there early'ish' as I think they don't let you in in the afternoon!

Laters....
                Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

sorry lads i dont have the money for that one maybe next time have fun
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Not sure if i will be able to go now after breaking something else on the last moors romp.......New exhaust tailpipe quote from kwik fit £221 fitted , milners price £40 plus vat and p&p. abit of a of a price difference. Also broke my rear anti roll bar drop bars. £18 each in new rubbers from milners. May get chance to get them all fitted b4 the 4th. Im going to have stop breaking things lol
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Grimreeper; 28 June 2004, 20:56.
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                      Advice taken....cheers.....the only danger is me lol..... how far do i push it ? Knowing me ill push it till something breaks, then wish i hadnt. Durrrrr 1 day i may learn.
                      YEP i guessed you would LOL
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
                        Not sure if i will be able to go now after breaking something else on the last moors romp.......New exhaust tailpipe quote from kwik fit £221 fitted , milners price £40 plus vat and p&p. abit of a of a price difference. Also broke my rear anti roll bar drop bars. £18 each in new rubbers from milners. May get chance to get them all fitted b4 the 4th. Im going to have stop breaking things lol

Well you do take it to the extreme Just a little dent in mine so far. Lucky to escape the side on impact with the floor.
                        Last edited by Gizmo; 29 June 2004, 01:47.
                        Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                          Well you do take it to the extreme Just a little dent in mine so far. Lucky to escape the side on impact with the floor.
                          mine is ok too. Its payed off putting fog lights in bumper must have grounded it 20 tomes if not more in the day and lights r all still there and working. Happy as a pig in muck
                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            PS...Now going to undertake Stunt Driving Lessons. Unofficial practice was on the romp
                            Gaz

Comment

Cancelled

Phoned up 4x4fundays today and got the reply that the event is cancelled and moved back to 8th August

Their website is the up-to-date dates and sites
                              Gaz

Comment

Working...
                              X