Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essex Green Laning, Anyone Game?

Hi all,
    I have been laning around Chelmsford for about a month, there's some pretty interesting lanes here, as well as the calm scenic variety. I've got the best part of 4 hour route.

So, Who wants to come play in the mud?

I'll be up for a drive out but am lacking the free time right now - maybe in a months time ?

Rob.

Comment

Hey Rob,

Sounds like a plan man, I'm lifting my truck a little over the next week, so I'm unavalible too.
      Got some really good lanes to look forward to, some which really are pretty hairy. I've got myself a buddy who comes out with me who navigates and is happy to trapse about in mud for those occasions when the inevitable happens.
      Should be getting a new map for Braintree area very soon so will have even more to explore.
      Should be a good day out, could even make it a regular thing.

Luis.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

mmmmm braintree, mmmm mate who can winch me out , count me in
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Hi Terry
            First off would probably be more chelmsford based but Braintree will be on the cards very shortly, hopefully doing the lift on my truck tomorrow so will have to sort out a date time etc soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtSurfer View Post
              Hi Terry
              First off would probably be more chelmsford based but Braintree will be on the cards very shortly, hopefully doing the lift on my truck tomorrow so will have to sort out a date time etc soon.
              hi yes count me in

Comment

OOh, me, me...count me in.

....and whereabouts in Chelmsford are you.....I might pop over when you are doing your lift

Comment

Cool cool, I'm in Great Baddow, finished the lift a couple of days ago, just got to replace UJs hopefully sorting that tomorrow, if i can find someone to press them into the prop.
                  You in Chelmsford too then?
                  Luis

Comment

Bicknacre........so only down the road from you

Mine's a chrome bumper dark blue 3rd Gen (narrow body, so no arches) with a nice big cb aerial on the back

Comment

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
                      Bicknacre........so only down the road from you

Mine's a chrome bumper dark blue 3rd Gen (narrow body, so no arches) with a nice big cb aerial on the back
                      yep and he dont mind pushing it through the scratchy stuff you ok banana man, have your front hooks here try and remember to bring them along

Comment

Hey guys!

Looks like we have to set a date, time and meeting place for our day in the mud. I would have thought that meeting at the Boreham Interchange services would be easiest for all, correct me if I'm wrong or you have a better suggestion.
                        I'm free any time, any day so it's up to you really.

Got a couple of questions too;
                        Is everyone running at least stock height trucks (not sagged)?
                        Any one not happy about water crossings?
                        Who has/uses a CB in their truck?
                        Do we all have at leat AT/AW tires?

Finally big thanks Terry for your help today on the phone, vibration appears to be sorted after the new UJs and a thorough greasing of the slip yoke.

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                          yep and he dont mind pushing it through the scratchy stuff you ok banana man, have your front hooks here try and remember to bring them along
                          Thanks mate...well remembered....I need a new passenger headlight too if you have one

Comment

Originally posted by DirtSurfer View Post
                            Hey guys!

Looks like we have to set a date, time and meeting place for our day in the mud. I would have thought that meeting at the Boreham Interchange services would be easiest for all, correct me if I'm wrong or you have a better suggestion.
                            I'm free any time, any day so it's up to you really.

Got a couple of questions too;
                            Is everyone running at least stock height trucks (not sagged)?
                            Any one not happy about water crossings?
                            Who has/uses a CB in their truck?
                            Do we all have at leat AT/AW tires?
                            Boreham, good for me, although might be far for Wishy and Lordy, depends where the lanes are....north or south of chelmsford.

I have a standard height 3rd gen, with GG AT2's on....diff-breathers fitted, so I'll happily wade to the headlight but not beyond.

Comment

Sounds good mate, off out to play in the muc tomorrow, which should be nice, checking out the route.

Still can't think of a better place to meet though...

Comment

Working...
                              X