Coming from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming from Canada

We will be visiting family in Red Car for the first 2 weeks of July. I would love to see what the UK off road action is all about and ride along. If there is a group going out for a day trip or an event happening in the area, let me know. We would love to take the back seat in your ride down the back road.

I've attached a pic of my weekend warrior.

Cheers,
    Vince

Originally posted by vsh
    We will be visiting family in Red Car for the first 2 weeks of July. I would love to see what the UK off road action is all about and ride along. If there is a group going out for a day trip or an event happening in the area, let me know. We would love to take the back seat in your ride down the back road.

Cheers,
    Vince

http://www.universityofjeep.ca/forum...=&postid=25755
    http://www.universityofjeep.ca/forum...=&postid=25880
    You can have a ride in the back seat of our Suzi if you want . It broke two of its mountings last time we used it at the Pit . Nice bumpy ride now .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by vsh

Cheers,
      Vince
      That looks like a really Kewl truck Vince!! We've not got any meets planned (bit dry now), but 3/4 July there is a truckfest at Bath & Somerset showground if you have a spare weekend!!
      http://www.truckfest.co.uk/
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        You can have a ride in the back seat of our Suzi if you want . It broke two of its mountings last time we used it at the Pit . Nice bumpy ride now .

Rick
        Thanks Rick. I just might take you up on that offer. Blast me an email with your contact info. (vince_hodgson@hotmail.com) We should be arriving on July 1 and leaving on the 15th. Hopefully there may be enough folks interested in a trail run to show us "Canadians" a good ol' UK time.

Linda, thanks for the info on "Truck Fest"! That looks like a fun outing.

Cheers,
        Vince

Comment

Redcar, looks like langdale might be worth a visit for you then.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by vsh

Cheers,
            Vince

Hi Vince,
            welcome to the madhouse, i should be able to meet up, maybe for a trip to langdale with you but at the moment i,m packing to go to Holland so i,ll be back in here in next week and maybe arrange something then.
            BTW where in Canada are you from? we are hoping to emigrate to BC in a year or two.
            ship

Comment

langdale

Interesting you mentioned langdale. Before I put this post up, I was thinking of going there to give their Mog a run. If you have a date in mind, let's meet for a run. If you have a seat available for us, that would be great!
              I guess that this is the official call for a trail run at langdale.
              What date works well for everyone? We are on vacation, so just pick a date!
              (that is, anytime between July 2 to 14)

OH, almost forgot. We are from the Toronto, Ontario area.

Cheers,
              Vince

Comment

VINCE ive just got back from LANGDALE area & have called there 3 times, the site was empty so you should contact them to arrange something otherwise you might have a wasted journey which would be a shame.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  VINCE ive just got back from LANGDALE area & have called there 3 times, the site was empty so you should contact them to arrange something otherwise you might have a wasted journey which would be a shame.

I have had some email communication with Andy from Langdale. He asked me to give him a ring to discuss the details of our activity day. Nice guy and seems very helpfull. I mentioned to him that others may be interested from this site and I think he wants to talk price. I hope the more draw that there is to langdale, the cheaper it gets. I love discounts!

Put up a post here so I can get an idea of who would be interested in a day trip there. Perhaps July 10?

Cheers,
                  Vince
                  Last edited by vsh; 12 June 2004, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by vsh

Cheers,
                    Vince

Sound like a job for our Geoff (Bensonsnuts) he's your Langdale man.Drop him a pm Vince (better still drop Laura a pm she's his daughter and if she gets wind of any chance to play she will pester her dad untill he gives in )

sumo.
                    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

we arrived in newcastle ok and are now settled in redcar.

i will be contacting langdale to set up a day for july 10

let me know who is interested in attending.

Ceers,
                      Vince

Comment

Welcome to Teeside Vince,
                        it will stop raining eventually, but the more rain the more mud at Langdale . Unfortunately i won,t be there , mot due, service and timing belt due, camping with the kids booked and Blakey Ridge music festival all in the next couple of weeks. Anyway enjoy your stay over here Vince, especially Langdale.

ship

Comment

Working...
                        X