Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green laning in north/ mid wales

hi
    not trying to tell people how to drive but i would like to ask people if travelling to the happy valley lane from machynlleth please drive carefully through the lane to that particular greenlane as my family have a farm up there and they travel that road in a big iveco cattle truck a guy in a range rover tried to argue with it last summer speeding down the lane back to mach with his buddys unfortunately he lost the argument and went through the hedge so a wrecked ranger and a bill for a new fence .
    also please would people travelling to bala from machynlleth area please use the speed limit when passing through top corris (corris uchaf) as we have got children playing and crossing the main road .there are sometimes sheep in the road also if your passing give us blow on the horn as i live there .i have a red /grey 92 surf ssrx parked next to an old 1950,s massy ferguson
    thanks for your time to read this as we have the lifted f...king landrover brigade and boy racers sometimes doing twice the limit not to mention when the rally boys come through twice a year
    thanks again this is not a rant, im just asking people nicely to stick to speed limit for the sake of the kids from the village as there are no footpaths for them to use thanks again and happy surfing
    Last edited by PIMLOTTJULIE@AOL.COM; 7 February 2009, 00:03.

Youd be better telling the folk that upset you, rather than having a rant at a group of folk that don't.

And punctuate!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Andy
      dont be like that.

another point of view:

No problem mate, as one of the members who often greelanes in Wales, we always try and observe speeding restrictions and have utmost respect for the local communities we drive through.
      we understand that our actions have farther reaching consiquences then just locals attitudes towards our particular group on the day.
      any other issues, please feel free to post message on here.

and look, no puncuations
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

what rant

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Youd be better telling the folk that upset you, rather than having a rant at a group of folk that don't.

And punctuate!
        nobodys ranting here all i was asking was for people to be careful when driving these roads as would like my kids to live a bit longer as would you your children

Comment

never mind him, hes a grumpy old rocker. read my post above
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            Andy
            dont be like that.

another point of view:

No problem mate, as one of the members who often greelanes in Wales, we always try and observe speeding restrictions and have utmost respect for the local communities we drive through.
            we understand that our actions have farther reaching consiquences then just locals attitudes towards our particular group on the day.
            any other issues, please feel free to post message on here.

and look, no puncuations
            thanks
            seems like a man who is concious of other peoples kids as their own
            if your ever around this area and you need anything give us blow on the horn and i will see if i can help cheers

Comment

My apologies, but I say it as I see it, I saw a rant so said what I said.

An observation, if there is a speeding issue I'd do 2 things. Speak to the Police about it and stop my children going near the road! I wouldn't try to fix the problem by posting a rant on a forum.

Your punctuation is still crap though.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                My apologies, but I say it as I see it, I saw a rant so said what I said.

An observation, if there is a speeding issue I'd do 2 things. Speak to the Police about it and stop my children going near the road! I wouldn't try to fix the problem by posting a rant on a forum.

Your punctuation is still crap though.
                sorry but cant keep my kids away from the road as the steps of my house drop straight onto the main mach to dol road. so they have to cross the main busy road to get to the park .as for telling the police about it they already know the problem but as usual they arent bothered .had meeting with council
                the jist was until one of our kids either gets run over or killed they wont do anything about the situation so if you saw this as a rant i apologise

Comment

Just spotted your post. I take it the Iveco only travels the lower part that approaches the greenlane? Jeez, that lane is almost too tight for a Surf, never mind a big old truck! Am I right Goran?

Re. Corris etc, I know it quite well as I used to live in Harlech up to about 1999, and used that road to get to the Midlands. I know what you mean about speeders. I think the problem is people come down the valley from the Dol direction, which is a very fast road, and then dont realise the speed they are doing through the village. I've been overtaken coming in to the village many times.

I'm sure Mr Brunstrom and his cash-greedy evil little 'arrive alive' vans could be persuaded to set up there if they think they'll make enough money. A chat to your local plod would probably see that happen.
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

brunstrom only sends his lads down there on Sundays in the summer to catch bikers, chavs get away with it.
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

I'm £120 lighter, and 6 points better off (two separate occasions, the last nearly 5 years ago) due to forays into Wales. The b@stards are EVERYWHERE!!!

I challenged one of them, due to the road being single carriageway / 60mph leading into dual carriageway / 50mph (no junctions / houses etc) and was pretty much just given the 'arrive alive' rhetoric. They wouldn't even reveal the accident stats for the stretch of road - which I understand they are obliged to publish now, and not allowed to make unilateral speed limit changes without good reason.

I'd waited patiently behind a horsebox on the single carriageway, knowing that I could pass him on the dual bit. However, I hit 55 doing so (not realising that they'd recently reduced the limit from 70 to 50) and got done by a tw@t hiding in his van behind a hedge.

As far as I'm concerned, that isn't safety improvement by deterrent, its a money making scheme, and it seems endemic in North Wales.
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                      X