Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldhu

Hello Hilux people!

I hope you dont mind me quickly popping into your forum (no funny business i'll have you know, i'm happily married to a different 4x4 brand forum...well Zone really!) just to say firstly looks like you're all having a good time over here and secondly to ask about Baldhu in Cornwall.

I am a Cornwally and we (on tother forum) have been trying to organise a Cornwall day out but have been hit by a barrage of people trying to make lots of miney out of us! This Baldhu site is well hidden and not a lot of people know about it... EXCEPT (it seems) You knowledgable lot!

So... it would be VERY much appreciated if someone would very kindly let me know the SP on the site - where it is (exactly - we've got "its around Wheal Jane somewhere"), whether we can just turn up any time and pay and play or do we need to ring to organise, how much it is, and how good is it?

If there's a plan to do a trip there in the near future would you mind if some of us from the "other" 4x4(xfar) forum joined in - (more the merrier and we're all up for a bit of intra-brand competition!) - and we can always give you chaps a tow out of the mud if you need it!!

Anyway, it would be good to meet up with some like mindeds, we kinda think the more the merrier (we might even bring the barbie!) - but the info would be MOST appreciated!!

All the best
    Odie

Originally posted by Odie View Post
    Hello Hilux people!

I hope you dont mind me quickly popping into your forum (no funny business i'll have you know, i'm happily married to a different 4x4 brand forum...well Zone really!) just to say firstly looks like you're all having a good time over here and secondly to ask about Baldhu in Cornwall.

I am a Cornwally and we (on tother forum) have been trying to organise a Cornwall day out but have been hit by a barrage of people trying to make lots of miney out of us! This Baldhu site is well hidden and not a lot of people know about it... EXCEPT (it seems) You knowledgable lot!

So... it would be VERY much appreciated if someone would very kindly let me know the SP on the site - where it is (exactly - we've got "its around Wheal Jane somewhere"), whether we can just turn up any time and pay and play or do we need to ring to organise, how much it is, and how good is it?

If there's a plan to do a trip there in the near future would you mind if some of us from the "other" 4x4(xfar) forum joined in - (more the merrier and we're all up for a bit of intra-brand competition!) - and we can always give you chaps a tow out of the mud if you need it!!

Anyway, it would be good to meet up with some like mindeds, we kinda think the more the merrier (we might even bring the barbie!) - but the info would be MOST appreciated!!

All the best
    Odie
    Hiya Odie.yes you can just turn up there and pay at the gate saturday's may be best first time then you can find out from Cheryl when the site is closed for private usage but its normally open every weekend.If you want to give me a ring then i can explain to you exactly where it is
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for that Richard, i will try and give you a bell in the next coupla days for a chat. I'm down that way this week so might pop in and have a look! (and chat with owner if poss)

Cheers
      OD

Comment

Thanks for that Richard, i will try and give you a bell in the next coupla days for a chat. I'm down that way this week so might pop in and have a look! (and chat with owner if poss)

Cheers
        OD
        if you want me to show you where it is exactly i'll meet up with you somewhere and take you out there

Comment

Excellent, thanks - hopefully tomorrow i'll know when i'm down that way so will give you a bell when i know

Thanks for your help!

OD

Comment

Hi again!

Right, we now know where the site is but don't know much bout what's in the gate. Us landy drivers are keen to explore in there and have organised a get together for about 5 or 6 of us, we're planning on meeting up near Truro (probably where you lot did at the Little Chef) on saturday the 8th March and would be most pleased (and no doubt humbled!) if any of you lot would care to join us, show us the ropes, show us what to and not to do and we'll even offer you a tow if you get stuck!! (especially the chap with the Landrover Recover Vehicle wheel cover - red rag to a bull!!)

We plan to meet up at 11 (that's the plan so far) and it would be great if some of you could join us!!

All the best
            OD

Comment

I'll tow your landys out, two at a time!

Comment

That might mean you get your shiny red thing all muddy mate!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

as said on the phone earlier Od i will try to meet up next w/end with you

Comment

Hi again!

Right, we now know where the site is but don't know much bout what's in the gate. Us landy drivers are keen to explore in there and have organised a get together for about 5 or 6 of us, we're planning on meeting up near Truro (probably where you lot did at the Little Chef) on saturday the 8th March and would be most pleased (and no doubt humbled!) if any of you lot would care to join us, show us the ropes, show us what to and not to do and we'll even offer you a tow if you get stuck!! (especially the chap with the Landrover Recover Vehicle wheel cover - red rag to a bull!!)

We plan to meet up at 11 (that's the plan so far) and it would be great if some of you could join us!!

All the best
                    OD
                    You guys got a dustcart organised to follow behind to pick up the bits that fall off ?
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

there is talk of the fogs visiting on the 9th.....again.....they got stuck on their first visit....
                      What have I told you about thinking Erroll

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                        You guys got a dustcart organised to follow behind to pick up the bits that fall off ?
                        Yeah, it's a hilux but unfortunately it's in the garage coz someone spilt a glass of water near it

Comment

You chaps ready for some mud?? Looks like there's gonna be plenty on Saturday!

Our convoy leaves Lostwithiel at 10.15, Innis Downs at 10.30, Chiverton BK at 11 and at the site for about quarter past, we're looking forward to seeing yous and having some fun on the site!

All the best, see yous there!
                          OD

Comment

Working...
                          X