crundale/brook lanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crundale/brook lanes

gonna get out on some of the lanes round here tomorrow (sunday), if i can get a split hose bandaged, anyone wants to join us give us a call 07xxxxxxxxx, could be scratchy haven't been out there since christmas.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=G...Crundale, Kent

cheers

Ian
    Last edited by nero279; 30 September 2007, 12:06.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Went out, Brook has been resurfaced and the mud run round the woods blocked off & filled in. TBH i don't blame the landowner, his field got trashed by 4x4s last winter when a tree came down across the lane. People started using a corner of his field to turn in and the corner grew and grew. Still a nice easy rural lane there. Ran 2 others one goes east out of Hastingleigh and off the edge of OS map 137, another easy one and fairly open. The other goes from half way between Olantigh and Crundale back to Hassell Street and it's one of my favourite lanes round here. It's cracking, not difficult really just good fun if you don't mind a few scratches, and it's a good length.

Going from the crundale end it starts with a long, fairly steep and fairly tight climb up a chalky v-gulley. Then opens out through a section of woods. At the top of the hill is a small clearing with a muddy set of ruts round the edge, before you start to descend back down a flinty track with a tight section as you pass a house half way down and a gate. Once through the gate the truck get's a bit more rutted and goes back to clay+grass and can get muddy and wet at the bottom of the dip. You then cross a concreted farm road and head straight across and up a short clay bank into the woods again. Round the next corner you have a choice of routes, we took the one to the left, which is through light woodland on the edge of the hill, it's an easy track with a steep drop off to the left all the way along this section. The track turns sharply left and you come out int the edge of the fields and follow the off camber track round the edge of the field until you hit the concreted farm roads again, turn right then left and follow the track between the barns, if you want to take the byway back towards Crundale you turn left immediately after the barn on the left. Or continue as we did straight ahead and up a stoney track until you reach the road.

I have done this lane before, but this was the first time in this direction, and it definately won't be the last.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Working...
    X