Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derbyshire (Long Causeway)

done this today, well most of it
    you realy need a lifted surf and bigger tyres would help! it's all rocky and theres
    some BIG 1's
    if you live near, worth a look!
    Location - Long causeway, north of coggers lane Derbyshire

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

hello matey. im up for that run. im only in northampton iv got a 2nd gen surf with a 6 inch lift and 33 inch bfg mud terrains. would that be big enough? and also how long is the run?
    tommyguns

Comment

its quite long or it feels long cause can only go slow, would be better on week day as not so many walkers around! they hate
      sharin the road with cars but we do have the rite to go there!
      if you go id recomend gettin the OS map for that area cause i bet there a few good green lanes round there
      i not got a map
      your truck sounds fine, how much of the 6" is body lift?
      i only got standard truck with sag arse 31" tyres n rock were to big for me
      but if i bothered to move smaller rocks id of made it no doubt

Comment

reet, long causeway your refering to is actually called Stanage edge. one of the premier green lanes in the UK. and to be honest its not really something to be tackled lightly. its a real car breaker.

we've done it many times, and theres ONE route to the top. put a wheel wrong and your hanging on the rocks by your diff. make sure you have plenty of recovery equipment if your going to tackle it. a high lift jack is essential. its an awesome rock crawl and well worth doing, but if im honest, i wouldn't want to tackle it without experienced guys to get you out of trouble.

im not trying to be condesending, its awesome, and a real challenge. but without some experienced people with you stanage is somewhere you can do a LOT of damage.

www.centraloffroadclub.com we have a new club which is specifically for midlands laning and other events, a real muddy club. pop along and have a chat, we run free events in derbyshire, show you some great green lanes, (beet farm springs to mind) and we always do the mighty satanage edge.

honestly im not trying to put you off. just wouldn't want you to tackle this without knowing what its like. Your more than welcome to come up with us lads
        Last edited by andrewlee31; 2 September 2007, 20:33.
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

That DOES look pretty awesome! (and fairly destructive!)
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            That DOES look pretty awesome! (and fairly destructive!)
            So, when do we go???
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

you don't appreciate it until you have been on it and driven up and looked down to see what you have achieved. The boulders do not look as big in the photo's as they really are. Come down and have play with us one weekend Mate
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                you don't appreciate it until you have been on it and driven up and looked down to see what you have achieved. The boulders do not look as big in the photo's as they really are. Come down and have play with us one weekend Mate

If it's anything like Phesent Pen steps or driving UP Roman Steps on Sarn Helen, then I look forward to the challenge, won't be for a while yet though - got RTTS, then house move, then US with work, then US for holiday, then the Big Trip to Wales......
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I'd happily ride shotgun! but theres noooo way id take my surf on there. I dont have the experiance (yet) to make it! Im up for mud an great views. but body damage is a biiiig no no! An dont give me anythin about battle scars!

Comment

Hey lads, i've done this a few times in the surf now, hard work, but very cool if you take your time. We havent had to use ANY kind of assistance yet, and you wont break anything if you take your time.
                    Like someone said up there ^^^, you have to assess which line to take or you could be in trouble!
                    We went up last wk, and it made a change, that walkers and families actually sat down and watched and took pics of us, and applauded when we'd conquer a tricky bit!

We love it up there, basic rule is just TAKE YOUR TIME!

We will prob be going there NEXT WKEND with a couple off here too, would be wicked to have a few more of ya!!
                    www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31 View Post
                      Aint that the truth!!!

You struggle walking over em, let alone takin your truck over em!!
                      www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

I don’t know if you are aware that there is a voluntary restraint request from Peak District National Parks of only going downhill on Stanage Edge

This has been agreed by Stanage Forum and supported by GLASS

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Runner View Post
                          I don’t know if you are aware that there is a voluntary restraint request from Peak District National Parks of only going downhill on Stanage Edge

This has been agreed by Stanage Forum and supported by GLASS
                          Yeah I am aware of this - but every single time I've been there, everyone goes up it!
                          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X