Any lanes near Milton Keynes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any lanes near Milton Keynes??

I am happy to drive about 30 miles from MK to find some nice chilled routes for my first few outings. Are there any green lanes near me that give a good day out??

Thanks in advance,

Dean
    "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

I did a days laning with AMOR. We started out in Warwickshire and headed eastish. We had to peel off early as we weren't staying overnight, when we got to the nearest main road we were only a few miles away from Towcester!

Photo's here.

I've won a load of Landranger maps on ebay so I'll have a proper look (I can't remember place names now) and come back to you.

I may come and join you if that's ok and dates suit.
    Wax on, wax off

Comment

Cheers for that Fordy that sounds like a good idea.

I have looked at the photos and they look like a good place to start, nothing too testing and don't want to destroy my surf getting kinda fond of it!!

Talk soon,

Dean

Comment

Got my maps yesterday

The place we emerged near Towcester was Wappenham, and as well as the route we came there's a few short BOAT's marked nearby as well. They're not marked on Multimap, shame, have a look on Landranger map 152, Northampton and MK.

When I did it before the last bit was very soft and rutted quite deep, and I'd imagine it's only got worse so be careful if you do explore solo.
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

Thanks for that mate, will try and sort a date we can all do!! Will get me a map also,

Dean

Comment

No probs, I'm on holiday soon so I'll post when I'm back mid August.
            Wax on, wax off

Comment

Working...
            X