IOTY self nomination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOTY self nomination

Well, it was my own fault for going laning with my brother last night on our own. Was investigating a ford down here in Devon, driving down along a small river, got to a massive pool at the end and thought better of it, so started to reverse back. Nearly got back to the beginning, when I reversed round a corner, swung the front round, which then dipped into a really deep part and the engine died. Oh F*ck! was my first thought, managed to winch the truck back out of the water, but the engine was locked solid, ended up calling my folks at 2am to come and pick us up. After some reading on this great forum, decided to go back today and try taking the glowplugs out, so the engine could pump the water out. I have never felt so relieved in all my life as when I heard the Surf roar back to life. What a great piece of engineering these vehicles are!

Snorkle is next mod then!

Did you sort out your remote locking?

Comment

Or just not mess around near deep water!
      The remote locking unit seems to be buggered, so have ordered another from Ebay, thanks for asking.

Dave

Comment

Your wish is granted........... http://forums.bauchan.org/toyota/vie...pid=1263#p1263
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
        X