Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennyson trail and IOW

Hi all,

After searching the web and forum I'm a bit confused about byways on the IOW. I've found reports that the whole tennyson trail was closed in 2006 but then a group of you went over it on the 19th May this year! I found a post saying all byways on the IOW are closed so he's selling his surf

Am planning a trip so could do with some solid info on what the state of play is over there. Is there enough open for a good day trip is what i'm asking.

Oh yes and which byway has "The Tree"? !!!

Many thanks
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Some trails are closed for periods of time so they can recover from all the use they have had. TREV or POPS may be able to comment on this.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
      Hi all,

After searching the web and forum I'm a bit confused about byways on the IOW. I've found reports that the whole tennyson trail was closed in 2006 but then a group of you went over it on the 19th May this year! I found a post saying all byways on the IOW are closed so he's selling his surf

Am planning a trip so could do with some solid info on what the state of play is over there. Is there enough open for a good day trip is what i'm asking.

Oh yes and which byway has "The Tree"? !!!

Many thanks
      The Tennyson is open :-), it was closed for a while due to some brain dead muppets doing rather senseless things with some of the animals on one of the neighbouring farms
      The Tennyson also has it's fair share of gates, so please remember the Farmers and leave the gates open or closed as you find them

There is definately enough runs for a day out, we found a few new ones (well new to us) in May.

The Tree is on the Bembridge Trail, and it was open in May

This may be of help to you
      It would pay to give Dunno a yell too

One last thing, keep an eye on the ferries, there are bargains to be had

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Neilt still about .......thought you were buggering off to saudi , trying to learn the malbrough routes at the mo any good surgestions
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thats great news from the IOW, it'll be a trip at some time then. Bet the moody anoraks are double pi##ed off to see us now

Hi Woodzie,

Howzit on the plain? Been in Kuwait since January, got a 5 week holiday with not much to do, so bought a TD Fourtrak on ebay for 480 quid and it's sitting there waiting for me, i'll put it back on ebay when i leave, if there's anything left of it :-) A teacher friend is up for an extended tour and camp out, so should be a good laugh. Couldn't afford a surf unfortunately but it'll have to do. Bit worried about ground clearance but a 100 inch wheelbase and live axles must be pretty good.

Not sure about marlbrough, they're all looking pretty good from here, i want to get over that way too, a lot that were closed in the winter should be open again now. Have you done this one yet?

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=51.41988,-1.91387|15|4&dp=841&loc=:51.43 077:-1.92083:14|SU056702|SU056702

I thought it was the best one i'd ever been down, short but sweet. Might not be too much trouble in the dry but you've been getting plenty of rain lately.

I'l keep an eye on your meets in case i'm nearby, you can have a laugh at the rusting daihatsu ;-)
          PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

No not done cherhill down yet although danno did it on the camp out .......some photos there
            It was closed till may .....Plus waiting for the right chance
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
            X