right back in feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right back in feb

a site member posted a proposed weekender to http://www.glentarkie.co.uk/ now that summer is just around the bend lets get the names down for this so which weekend is it to be and to all surfers down south this is your chance to get your ass up to see us so lets see how many surfs we can get to it so boyz and grilz
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa
    a site member posted a proposed weekender to http://www.glentarkie.co.uk/ now that summer is just around the bend lets get the names down for this so which weekend is it to be and to all surfers down south this is your chance to get your ass up to see us so lets see how many surfs we can get to it so boyz and grilz
    Bit pricey at £150 per annum? Do they do a day rate?

Dave

Comment

hi bud

yes it looks like £20 per day but if we can get as many as we can we can say 10 to 15 we can ask for £15 per day it will be a good weekender so boys go for it lits go surfing

Comment

Alrighty.

Wouldn't mind a weekend at Glentarkie. Was thinking of a full membership for my christmas last year but dont think i could have justified it.
        Sounds good for £20 or £15 for the day though.

I did hear they had stopped the day thing for insurance purposes but maybe its not true.

Cheers,Fraser
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

hi all

i will give them a ring and see if the day rate is ok and i will get back to yous with what say we will have to set a date as i am back on distance work and working six days so i will book aweek off so i can get a good rest and go camping with ang and the kids is nick off shore as i have not seen a a post by him for around aweek know can some one ring scotty and lit him know what is geting setup as ithink he will be up for this one

Comment

aye, a hear you,

just let me know the dates and i'll sort somthing out.

like you smithy, i thought that they had stoped there pay and play days.

heard of a few guys thats been and its meant to be good.

cheers scotty

PS, jeff, i got a disc sitting on my kitchen bunker for you, D7.

send me a email, yotasurf@fsmail.net , with your address and i'll post it out to you.

cheers

Comment

hi scotty i have sent you an email with my add thanks ok boyz can some one phone nick as i cant find his phone number ok dates for this weekender i have just started a new job so i will mead to give two weeks notice for a full weekend off so boys start posting so that each one can make it and we can set the weekend that we all can go ps i have just emailed the site and i will get back to yous with there reply and if it is a no go how about drumclog as a back up if scotty can get us the site for the weekend
              Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 2 June 2007, 01:45.

Comment

fife 4x4

this is the reply fife 4x4 so how about drumclog or where would you lot like to go You cannot come on our site with your own vehicles unless you are a fully paid up member of our club – see Scotoffroad.co.uk and click on club.

Walter Alexander

The Scottish Off Road Driving Centre

Glentarkie

Strathmiglo

Fife

KY14 7RU

Tel:01337 860528

www.scotoffroad.co.uk

i am working until midnight to day so i will cheque the other posts after i get home so boyz where do u want to go
                Last edited by jeff.fn02jwa; 2 June 2007, 09:52. Reason: there was more to post

Comment

how about

How about Scotland's only green lane, if it it still passable! General Wades Military Roads. It is a 2 day trip, and ends near Fort William. I want to do this one, so guys as I am working today, can someone hit the glass site to check out its status for passablety please?

Comment

What about this place??? They do the pass as well

Pass
                    Have e mailed them regarding the Corrieyairack Pass and their off road centre,will let you know their reply.

Video of Toe Rags

Soft roader
                    Last edited by smiffy; 3 June 2007, 14:03.
                    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

sounds cool

but how much will they want for the pass as we can drive it for free as it is scotlands only green lane but if they say is passable lets go for it . ps has anyone herd from nick has he offshore or is he just not talking nick nick are you up for the pass mate let us know

Comment

I walked the pass a year or so ago, but didn't have my '4x4 eyes' on! So no memory of the route.

I am sure its been mentioned in some access leaflets I've read, I'll have a dig.

Dave

Comment

Mountaineering Council of Scotland 1996

CORRIEYAIRACK PASS

by Mike Dales

The use of 4 wheel drive vehicles is causing severe damage to the surface of the Corrieyairack Pass and producing a massive landscape scar. Bodies representing the 4WD owners are pushing their case for the entire route to be classified as a right of way for vehicular traffic. The Scottish Land Rover Owners Club Ltd. maintain that the route has been used "continuously" and "as of right" by vehicles for more than 20 years. The landowner at the western end of the route has approached us to ask for our members' support in the form of letters to Highland Council and the Secretary of State for Scotland claiming that the through route hasn't been used by vehicles continuously and as of right for 20 years or more. Highland Council has already been deluged by letters in support of maintaining vehicular access, but has received no material opposing this form of access. The MCofS objected to the use of recreation vehicles on the Corrieyairack Pass in December 1993, and will be objecting again shortly. Anyone who can provide evidence to oppose the 4WD claims should write to the Director of Planning, Highland Council, Glenurquhart Road, Inverness 1V3 SNX. A copy should also be sent to the Secretary of State for Scotland, Scottish Office, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ.

Knew I read abiout it somewhere, but didnt realsie it was ober 10 years ago!!!

Dave

Here's an article from august last year....

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu...rieyairack.pdf

Dave
                          Last edited by Ballibeg; 4 June 2007, 00:29.

Comment

thanks dave

that was good reading in one of the land rover mags around about 2 or 3months a go they sad that at the western end of the pass was blocked by a chain across the road and there's some to do about the landowner at the western end was the prob i am a member of glass so i will email the rep for Scotland he lives up that way so i will get back to you with what he has to say about it chers
                            jeff

Comment

Is your weekend of the 28-29/ 07/07 free ?

Hi all OK there goes I am just off the phone to Scotty about or summer weekender OK Scott is going over to see the landowner at Drumclog but he does not see a problem with the weekend of the 28/07/07 & the 29/07/07 so we will adopt these as our dates so we have the dates so the great summer weekender is born so get your names down let the summer surfin begin and as the thread was stated for a weekender up in fife i am starting a new thread and I will call the it Summer Surf Drumclog

Comment

Working...
                              X