Don't think she liked that bit...AMOR Stainby, Lincs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think she liked that bit...AMOR Stainby, Lincs

We had planned to go camping for a long weekend, but foolishly (or not as I look outside) didn't book and the Peaks were full.

I managed to tag along to the All Marques Off Road event at Stainby in Lincolnshire. Only stayed Friday night and Saturday, could have stayed till Monday. Did some laning, got stuck on the Viking Way. Reasonable off road course, managed not to get stuck but a few bits took a few attempts.

My wife got a great shot of our daughter in the back, she was enjoying the trip until then!!

Apparently that bit felt really steep, we were on rocks too so had three runs at it to get enough momentum to grip the last bit.

I dumped more photos here if your interested.
    Wax on, wax off

Oops, do I get IOTW for posting lanes not centres
    Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
      Oops, do I get IOTW for posting lanes not centres
      Nah, you posted in the green laning section it just about covers most off road stuff. Is your Surf standard height Fordy. Haven't lifted mine and not really likely to, just had new rear coil springs fitted and that's about it. I'd love to go off road but don't fancy the hardcore stuff. Just want to have a go at something that doesn't shake my teeth lose (loose ? I can never remember) or rip my exhaust out.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Its the standard saggy arse height at the minute, if you've got new rear spring you probably ride higher than mine as it is. I've got new rear springs, spring and ball joint spacers but not fitted yet. I don't plan on going bigger than 31's which will go on with no lift but a 2" lift won't hurt

I'm on standard AT's, all I did was take the fog light off. I bashed the exhaust on one sharp breakover but didn't damage it it, just picked up some dirt. Next run at it I took a different line and cleared with no problem.

Why not treat yourself to a day at Weardale. I'm sure they'll have a range of terrain there from easy to dead hard, you choose where you want to go and stick with what you're happy with.
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

hey there

did this site easter weekend with my club, really enjoyed the site, found the bottom track around the top of the watwer a bit twitchy the first time when it slipped towardds the tree and the water!!!

spent this weekend in minstead - new forest - really sticky and technical course, plenty of winch practice!!!

oh well

ttfn

graham

Comment

HI come up to the great scotish

HI come up to the great Scottish WEEKENDER THAT I AND THE OTHER BOYZ ARE at this time are setting up so see the site for more and bring all the surfs and other 4x4 you can find o and beers and bbq are on the cards so dont and say you will come
            S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Nice pictures Fordy. The countryside is looking very green and well set off by a burgundy Surf (the best colour IMHO).
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

Cheers guys
                  Wax on, wax off

Comment

whats the address of that site? and how often it open? as my kids live up that way and could take them off roading next time i up north
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Stainby, Linc..its bit of a one horse town, the site is just east of the crossroads. Don't know who runs it, the stinky and slowly rotting toilets have EMORC written on them but I think they just use it. AMOR booked up this weekend. They should be able to help you.

I've just been reminded what a long, tedious, dirty, cold and wet job it is to jetwash mud off the chassis
                      Wax on, wax off

Comment

thanks fordy they go all over the country looks like they have good time too
                        might just tag along with them one weekend to see for myself
                        Enjoying Life after Cancer
                        Pops

Comment

Working...
                        X