4x4 trip in British Colombia, GPS hunt Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 trip in British Colombia, GPS hunt Event

So this is my first attempt at making a video so although not the greatest...Anyways.
    My 11 year old son took most of the footage so i was impressed with it considering his age and experience with the camera to date (almost nil).
    Don't store much muisic on my laptop either so Niel was the most appropriate choice.
    Enjoy...(Me in the Hilux)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqJ3eAmXCE

great one mate, you done good job there
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Excellent video - trail looked good too!

What mods has the 4Runner had - looked like locking diffs at least?
      Last edited by The Lovely Boyo; 14 May 2007, 21:23.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Good vid mate. looks like a challenging trail.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
          Excellent video - trail looked good too!

What mods has the 4Runner had - looked like locking diffs at least?
          Thanks!
          The runner mods include rear locker, Dual transfare case, six inch lift, Solid front axle swap, sliders, winch...and much more but thats the bigger goddies.
          Mine goes in for surgery in a couple weeks for F/R E-lockers, skid plate, OME complete suspension with 2 1/2" lift.
          Also rock sliders and a custom rear bumper!!!
          Last edited by gavman; 16 May 2007, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by gavman
            Thanks!
            The runner mods include rear locker, Dual transfare case, six inch lift, Solid front axle swap, sliders, winch...and much more but thats the bigger goddies.
            Mine goes in for surgery in a couple weeks foe F/R E-lockers, skid plate, OME complete suspension with 2 1/2" lift.
            Also rock sliders and a custom rear bumper!!!
            Ah ha! I could see that there was little slippage on the greasy stuff - didn't think he was using duals - just thought he had it in low.

Can you post details of the lockers you're going to use - thanks

By the way, there's a thread on Yotatech where the guy finds almost all of the elocker wiring loom already on the car - Toyota just wire up what the spec required - they didn't have lots of different looms.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
              Ah ha! I could see that there was little slippage on the greasy stuff - didn't think he was using duals - just thought he had it in low.

Can you post details of the lockers you're going to use - thanks

By the way, there's a thread on Yotatech where the guy finds almost all of the elocker wiring loom already on the car - Toyota just wire up what the spec required - they didn't have lots of different looms.
              And i forgot to mention that Axle (Yes that's his name)has 488 gears and is running 35" tires.

So i got both E-lockers from a s$$$$ dealer and they came from a a 96 or newer Limited Runner, I also got the wire harness for both but it's not a huge item, although by having it the lockers are very easy to wire.
              You can see the harness on Marlin Crawler's website.

A buddy of mine does it all the time so when we actually do it i will start a thread to show the details (If yer interested).
              Also i need to modify both axle housings to accept the larger third member(My Hilux has 4 cylinder size diffs where the E-locker's come from V-6 diffs).
              Last edited by gavman; 16 May 2007, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by gavman
                So i got both E-lockers from a s$$$$ dealer and they came from a a 96 or newer Limited Runner,

A buddy of mine does it all the time so when we actually do it i will start a thread to show the details (If yer interested).
                Also i need to modify both axle housings to accept the larger third member(My Hilux has 4 cylinder size diffs where the E-locker's come from V-6 diffs).
                Mmmmmmmm - elockers

Genuine Toyota elockers are rarer than hens teeth in the UK.

Please post a thread when you do it.

Surfs have an 8'' rear and a 7.5'' front.

Comment

Will do on the thread there Boyo
                  Both my current diffs are 8" but the E-locker has a slightly different bolt pattern for two of the bolts so hence the mods needed.
                  Yeah can't wait for the lockers to be installed...

Comment

Working...
                  X