Laning in Devon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laning in Devon

Had a good day laning today, went to the pay and play at Trago in Newton Abbot, but couldn't take the Surf round because I've got rubbish road tyres at the mo, so used their Rangie which was fun.
    Was talking to the guy at Trago, and he showed me all the green lanes marked on his OS map, now I know what I'm looking for, will make it much easier!
    Afterwards took in some of the green lanes nearby, which was brilliant, never knew public lanes like this existed! Saw a couple of other Surfs and a gang of Quadbikers. Was going down one lane, to be met by a light blue gen 3 Surf reversing back up (anyone on here?), they said something about it being overgrown, but I thought I'd investigate anyway because a guy on one of the quads recommended it. No sign of anything overgrown, but it turned in to the steepest track I've ever driven down, and back up again.
    Was talking to the guy at Trago, and he showed me all the green lanes marked on his OS map, now I know what I'm looking for, will make it much easier!
    Am going exploring again on Dartmoor tomorrow, woohoo, poor Surf has some extra scratches now though, makes it look more "proper" though.

i would advise going out with someone else Dave with another motor cause if anything happens while on your own and no support vehicle you'll end up in the soft and smelly stuff.
    Give SurfboyShaun a shout as he wants to go out and find some lanes worth doing up there aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Or me! i am up for finding some lanes too, work permitting!

how much was the pay and play? might have to take a look cos my mum lives in old liverton just across the road.
      it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I'm up for it as well

Send me an email and maybe we can get together, possibly bring drunkmonkeyboy as well

Think i have found a couple of tracks near plymouth, just got to test them out.
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Devon Green lanes

I've been off roading in devon for 2 years, I live in Newton Abbot give a shout, Peter

Comment

Working...
          X