Catching the undercarridge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catching the undercarridge!

I was going down a nice green lane the other day, and it started to get severly rutted.... most of the time although wincing I didn't hit any where, but a couple of occasions, I caught the stoney ground on the underneath of my surf......
    What am I most likely to be hitting - whats the lowest point, and am I likely to do any damage doing this?
    Cheers
    CM
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    I was going down a nice green lane the other day, and it started to get severly rutted.... most of the time although wincing I didn't hit any where, but a couple of occasions, I caught the stoney ground on the underneath of my surf......
    What am I most likely to be hitting - whats the lowest point, and am I likely to do any damage doing this?
    Cheers
    CM
    Maybe the front skid plate, transmission skid plate, diffs, as long as you took it slowly over these obstacles it shouldn't cause a problem. Its only when you hit them hard you are more likely to do damage and with the ground being wet/muddy its less likely to do any damage than when its rock hard.
    Have a look underneath and see whats scuffed.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by carbonman
      Cheers
      CM
      The bash plate over the transfer box has taken a good bashing on mine (very bent but still doing it's job), also I've hit the front diff a few times...
      If you haven't got a metal bash plate under the front of your surf (some have plastic) you might think about getting one . Rusty on here makes them quite cheaply.. send him a PM!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        The bash plate over the transfer box has taken a good bashing on mine (very bent but still doing it's job), also I've hit the front diff a few times...
        If you haven't got a metal bash plate under the front of your surf (some have plastic) you might think about getting one . Rusty on here makes them quite cheaply.. send him a PM!
        Cool, I don't think I really crunched the underside, just more of a light scrapeing, just wanted to check I shouldn't be too worried....
        I had a look at my bash plate and its got a big hole in the middle! Wasn't me! So might save up and get a nice shiny new one just to be on the safe side....
        2 Tone Mud Master!
        http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X