Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotland,Argyll Forest April 7&8th

Its Here Again

The next drive to be held in Lochgilphead is scheduled for April 7/8 As usual we will have two options on the drive.
    First choice for nicer vehicles or first time off road.
    Second choice for the more adventurous and possibly not concerned about possible damage. You MUST be running on a good aggressive tyre for this choice. Road tyres will not get you around the tracks we have planned. The meeting place for the drive as follows this is the meet point and time on both days. Passing through Inverary on A83 pass Furnace then on reaching traffic lights at Minard the entry is 1.5 miles farther on (Birdfield Wood). Signs will be in place just before and at our entry. Please drive slowly past the cottage at entry point.
    Meeting time should be no later than 9.45 both days. Night drive Sat will be an option if enough interest is shown. Cost one day £25.00 both days £35,00 per vehicle. Payable on entry.

Stick your name down so i can let the organisers know the numbers,
    Last edited by smiffy; 23 February 2007, 20:11.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Originally posted by smithsurf
    Stick your name down so i can let the organisers know the numbers,
    I'll be there on the Sunday.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

not wanting to sound g*y but i fancy goin, and dont know a sole.... i dont wanna go and just stand about like an ass....... is everyone sound enough? been to a few cruises in the past when i was into the jdm scene and just didnt fit in

Comment

I see where you're coming from.

I guess the common binding factor between us all is the vehicles we drive. I wouldn't expect we'd all agree on everything under the sun but a I'd say with certainty that no-one would be rude or unpleasant on the day. Unless you've a radio (CB or PMR-I could lend you a PMR) then most of the day is in the vehicles so no chance to bleather. It's really over rescues/lunch that the chattings done.

I'll be the first to admit I aint cool, but hopefully I'm sound!

There again I'm still not sure I'll be there yet and the others maybe utter *@$$££!!!! (Joke!)

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jap-coupe
          not wanting to sound g*y but i fancy goin, and dont know a sole.... i dont wanna go and just stand about like an ass....... is everyone sound enough? been to a few cruises in the past when i was into the jdm scene and just didnt fit in
          I'm sure we'll all get on fine more than likely find some common ground somewhere.
          There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

gd, gd hopefully i can make it! cheers guys

Comment

Im in again
              have three vehicles to come this time
              two land cruisers and a defender as well as my surf. All for the easy route but NO TREES this time! took me days to polish out the scratches hehehe

Comment

Looks like theres gonna be a few ready to enjoy the Argyll Forest.

iain,are coming just the saturday or both days???
                Last edited by smiffy; 29 March 2007, 17:23.

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                  Looks like theres gonna be a few ready to enjoy the Argyll Forest.

iain,are coming just the saturday or both days???
                  Who is going to be there on the Sunday? Don't want to look like a plum. Probably going to be camping on the Saturday night too, so any good camping spots would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                    Who is going to be there on the Sunday? Don't want to look like a plum. Probably going to be camping on the Saturday night too, so any good camping spots would be great.

Alright Nik,there's a couple of camp sites in the area theres one at Inveraray and there's one in Lochgilphead that a few of the guys use(I'll get the names of them for you).
                    There's also a chance to camp out in the middle of the woods,but there wont be any facilities if you fancy roughing it.

I was just going to go on the Saturday but i'll see what happens.
                    Dont know what other days people are attending,would be good to get all tha surfs together though.

Cheers,Fraser

Here's a link to the one in Lochgilphead

http://www.lochgilpheadcaravanpark.co.uk/touring.htm

Oh,Inveraray Caravan park don't do tent pitches now

Theres Lochgair hotel,that some of the others stay at
                    http://www.thelochgairhotel.com/
                    Last edited by smiffy; 4 April 2007, 16:52.

Comment

yo smithy

Ill be there sunday although all the others have shyed off, the other toyota that was with me last time got paint well marked and the wheels trashed. he was the "expert" too heheheheh

ill be doing the non damaging, and ill have to make the point "no tree s$$$$es" took be a full day with tecut last time.

so looks like the aviation group consists of one but i maY be able to s$$$$e up a woman to handle the comms and grub

iain.

Comment

actually, smithy im easy about which day since im on my own, i rather thought to try the sunday since more folk went sunday last time

ah i forgot i now have full comms, cb hf vhf whatever they are using
                        iain

Comment

Originally posted by iainanderson924
                          actually, smithy im easy about which day since im on my own, i rather thought to try the sunday since more folk went sunday last time

ah i forgot i now have full comms, cb hf vhf whatever they are using
                          iain
                          I'll try to get down for the Sunday, will have a couple of PMRs too.

Comment

Think i'll go both days and join in with you guys on the Sunday for definite . I've given up with the T cut,almost back to the bare metal!!!

Oh it's channel 7 on normal CB's for the banter.
                            Could this be 3 Surfs together on the same day????????? Oooooooooooo.

Comment

if you read this before tomorrow, i forgot the pmrs as i'm an idiot. and my sodding torch is busted too. its going to be a quiet night. oh i'm in a tent at Lochgilphead at the mo

Comment

Working...
                              X