Green lanes closed !:-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green lanes closed !:-(

I got bored on Sunday and took the missus out to look for some greenlanes , we headed up to sharnbrrok , bedfordshire where there is a shortish lane betwwen sharnbrrok and Odell , it was closed !
    So headed on up to the 3 shires way just to the North of Odell , THis was closed too !

Damn it ... these were the only routes on my Landranger map.

Looks like i will have to wait for the pit on sunday again !
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Originally posted by SparX
    I got bored on Sunday and took the missus out to look for some greenlanes , we headed up to sharnbrrok , bedfordshire where there is a shortish lane betwwen sharnbrrok and Odell , it was closed !
    So headed on up to the 3 shires way just to the North of Odell , THis was closed too !

Damn it ... these were the only routes on my Landranger map.

Looks like i will have to wait for the pit on sunday again !
    Hi Mark,

It might be worth checking with the local council to see if it is a long term closure or just due to the recent weather.

I had to make the GATE KEEPER get out a few times on Sunday to move some BIG debris when we did the Tennyson Trail.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
      Hi Mark,

It might be worth checking with the local council to see if it is a long term closure or just due to the recent weather.

I had to make the GATE KEEPER get out a few times on Sunday to move some BIG debris when we did the Tennyson Trail.

Paul
      not bad for a one armed old git Eh?
      PS. dont volunteer for nothing and forget wellies is my advise.
      i walked half the trails.
      Last edited by pops; 2 February 2004, 13:23.
      Enjoying Life after Cancer
      Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
        Hi Mark,

Paul
        One of the trails actually had a sign to say it was closed between October and April :-(

The others however were just padlocked.

Looks like i will have to wait until April.

All I wanted was to give Zoe ( my wife ) some off road experience before getting to the Pit on the 8th , ( still may take some convincing to get her to agree ! )

Comment

One of the trails actually had a sign to say it was closed between October and April :-(

All I wanted was to give Zoe ( my wife ) some off road experience before getting to the Pit on the 8th , ( still may take some convincing to get her to agree ! )
          ZOE come along anyway its a great social gathering as well as boys
          [and girls] and there toys.

GOT THAT IN BEFORE Ems & Linda get on my case.
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Hi Mark - I'm frequently up in Bedford and have tried practically all of the byways in the area since October. They're all shut April - October unfortunately
            I was lucky enough to drive a few of them over the summer though

Maybe we can meet up sometime in April and drive some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              Hi Mark - I'm frequently up in Bedford and have tried practically all of the byways in the area since October. They're all shut April - October unfortunately
              I was lucky enough to drive a few of them over the summer though

Maybe we can meet up sometime in April and drive some of them.
              can't you go around the gate?
              cut through the trees?
              through the fence?

c'mon... where's your sense of adventure?
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                can't you go around the gate?
                cut through the trees?
                through the fence?

c'mon... where's your sense of adventure?
                THe wife was already moaning that she thought pikeys were living on the track and we might get linched ! On my own ....maybe !!!

I often just vere off the road onto farmers land ( about once a week ) to keep the oil and stuff moving in the 4wd bits , give it a good trashing then leggit before i get spotted !

But getting together and doing the 3 shires way sounds cool , there are a few other bedford boyz ( and galz) so we can have a mini off road day !

Comment

Working...
                X