Finding lanes to drive.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding lanes to drive.....

Just for information for all new people on this forum... Being new to the Surf and off road world I have spent some time since getting my surf trying to locate BOATS (Byways open to all traffic) to take my truck for a bit of off road fun...
    You can buy the OS Explorer maps which will show you the information that you need, but if you are able to, my county council has a fully interactive mapping system online that shows all Byway in the county and then allows you to zoom in to get a full map of exactly where these are....

So if you have some spare time, it would probably be well worth checking out the county councils website, as I very much doubt mine is the only one who has this facility available...

Hope this is of some use to you anyways....
    At least its got my weekend planned
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    Just for information for all new people on this forum... Being new to the Surf and off road world I have spent some time since getting my surf trying to locate BOATS (Byways open to all traffic) to take my truck for a bit of off road fun...
    You can buy the OS Explorer maps which will show you the information that you need, but if you are able to, my county council has a fully interactive mapping system online that shows all Byway in the county and then allows you to zoom in to get a full map of exactly where these are....

So if you have some spare time, it would probably be well worth checking out the county councils website, as I very much doubt mine is the only one who has this facility available...

Hope this is of some use to you anyways....
    At least its got my weekend planned
    Just to add to your very valuable points, if you have no joy on their web site ring them and ask, as my local council had a very helpfull guy who invited me up to look at their maps and he spent a lot of time explaining the routes as he had to drive them himself.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Working...
    X