yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is good to drive around Oxfordshire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is good to drive around Oxfordshire?

Hi - anyone know good lanes or places to go around Oxfordshire?? I'm trying to get SWMBO into off roading, but Avon Dassett is a little too extreme for her, so looking for something a little lighter - any ideas?
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Get hold of OS Explorer (Orange 1:25,000) scale map sheet 191 and Outdoor Lesuire Map sheet 45. All the byways and NCR's are marked. There are quite a few down your way and in the Cotswolds.

A word of caution- don't go green laning alone unless you know the route. Unlike a 'pay-n-play' day there won't necessarily be someone around to pull you out. I know.....I've paid the price for going it alone on an unfamiliar route!

Keep an eye on Mudclub Forum....I think there's a group of Cotswold regulars on there.

Comment

Cheers Neville - I have some maps so wil plan some routes for next week, and I'll look over Mud Club to see who is around...
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

I've driven a few of the lanes between Oxford and Chipping Norton (and recced a few as well) Mostly pretty overgrown but some are good. Have you tried any in this area?
        where's this bit go then?

Comment

Abingdon 4x4 weekend is usually around the end of September, its at Drayton Barracks and have a course ideal for beginners and numpties like me.....
          http://www.abingdon4x4festival.com/

I think I am working but will probably be there on the Sunday

Comment

Working...
          X