Big Thanks to Hypermonkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thanks to Hypermonkey

Thanks for the play on the lanes earlier today.
    That one is on the list for a North West lane day soon.

Fish

PS, it will be great in the snow
    If it smells like fish, eat it!

Originally posted by Fish
    Thanks for the play on the lanes earlier today.
    That one is on the list for a North West lane day soon.

Fish

PS, it will be great in the snow

Damn it! Kev...Hypermonkey.....been bored all day and only 30-40 mins away

Have you got the route...I will look it up
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
      Damn it! Kev...Hypermonkey.....been bored all day and only 30-40 mins away

Have you got the route...I will look it up
      Sorry Gaz, hypermonkey (also a Gaz) said "meet you in ten" and away we went.

I'm making up a list of lanes and then going to plan a route around them and set up a day greenlaning in the north west for all to enjoy. Nothing too hard or beyond a compitant driver on road tyres. (as thats what I have on at the present and I'm far from compitant).

So far the start will be in Abbey village, lane up to Tocholes, across to Hoddlesden, lane to Belthorn. Then a lane from Guide to Oswaltwistle.
      At this point I need to find some routes to head down to ramsbottom to a finish that ends on a testing lane near Witwoth quarry. All I need is time to finish sorting this out.
      Keep watching

Fish

Comment

I'm making up a list of lanes and then going to plan a route around them and set up a day greenlaning in the north west for all to enjoy. Nothing too hard or beyond a compitant driver on road tyres. (as thats what I have on at the present and I'm far from compitant).

So far the start will be in Abbey village, lane up to Tocholes, across to Hoddlesden, lane to Belthorn. Then a lane from Guide to Oswaltwistle.
        At this point I need to find some routes to head down to ramsbottom to a finish that ends on a testing lane near Witwoth quarry. All I need is time to finish sorting this out.
        Keep watching

Fish
        Sounds good to me kev u can count me and jess in on that one when u have it up and running
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Me too, i fancy a spot of laning.
          I am in Yorks but can get to your area in an hour coming thru colne and the m65
          I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
            Me too, i fancy a spot of laning.
            I am in Yorks but can get to your area in an hour coming thru colne and the m65

Found a nice run possibly [Byway Open to All Traffic - approx 45km in length but could possibly extend with mixture of roads]......The old Roman Road up in the Dales

And theres still the run that Peter [4runner] and myself had to cancel due to conditions - down near Rhydycroseau [Oswestry]
            Last edited by Gizmo; 27 November 2005, 13:18.
            Gaz

Comment

Keep watching

Fish

Trouble round ramsbottom is you have National Forestry Access Only and the Firing Ranges.

Theres is a lane [dont know what its like, but it runs Dearden Moor down past Cowpe Lowe [called the Rossendale way] down to Rooley Moor and comes out at Catley lane Head [Rochdale] - cant guarantee route as taken from Memory-Map
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                Trouble round ramsbottom is you have National Forestry Access Only and the Firing Ranges.

Theres is a lane [dont know what its like, but it runs Dearden Moor down past Cowpe Lowe [called the Rossendale way] down to Rooley Moor and comes out at Catley lane Head [Rochdale] - cant guarantee route as taken from Memory-Map

Hi Gaz. This is the start of the Tupass lane - Exit M66 J1 north. Right at the T junction onto the A56 (Manchester road), follow to the first set of traffic lights (junction Bury new road) and turn right behind a small row of houses. It is marked on the map as Whitelow road and is sighned at the entry as a B.O.A.T.
                First impresions are if you follow it along to the right as it rises it is moderate and finishes back on the A56, but if you turn Left 200yrds in, it is hard and not a lane to do solo, but should bring you out somewhere near whitworth quarry or so I'm led to beleive.
                As soon as I get time I will call on ANOther to do a reccy with me.

Fish

Comment

Hi Gaz. This is the start of the Tupass lane - Exit M66 J1 north. Right at the T junction onto the A56 (Manchester road), follow to the first set of traffic lights (junction Bury new road) and turn right behind a small row of houses. It is marked on the map as Whitelow road and is sighned at the entry as a B.O.A.T.
                  First impresions are if you follow it along to the right as it rises it is moderate and finishes back on the A56, but if you turn Left 200yrds in, it is hard and not a lane to do solo, but should bring you out somewhere near whitworth quarry or so I'm led to beleive.

Fish
                  HEY fish thanks for yesterday dude ,where we went yesterday atthe bottom were you come out ,turn left on to the main rd and the lane carries on further passed a pub called rosins and eventually ccomes out near turton tower went today with golly.i think thats were we went today ??? defo not a solo mission,the one you call whitwoth
                  Last edited by HYPERMONKEY; 27 November 2005, 18:13.
                  hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

tough old lane

Fish
                    hi fish the lane your on about is my fave lane(excuse my if i fall into text mode its my daughters fault) have you done this lane recently? i last did it on an enduro bike feb this year the lane that bears to the right was blocked so we went left somtimes someone puts a huge boulder there an i mean huge so you cant take a left,it was clear for us though half way up on the left route it gets very nasty i took some surfs an a highlux pickup jacked and big tyres on it he was a landscape gardener if i remember a couple o surfs overheated gettin up there(moded v8s) and its very tight with thick bushes n trees that may dent rarther than rash so a recce on foot is deffo but not alone early mornin is best you will need big tyres at the very least 30s then again the lane may have sofend i dont know.
                    beyond that lane is a gravil lane that gets washed away a lot with gullys so deep they can swallow a humvee cross axelin is very common that hapened to me today when we slid sideways on a cambered bend i did not gas it at the rite time so ended up with a wheel in the air dif lockers what i need. had to spot hypermonkey up to toe us out lucky no damage i will ave to get rid o that ss tail pipe or its gona get riped off take care all keep sunny side up golly gone

Comment

Originally posted by golly
                      hi fish the lane your on about is my fave lane(excuse my if i fall into text mode its my daughters fault) have you done this lane recently? i last did it on an enduro bike feb this year the lane that bears to the right was blocked so we went left somtimes someone puts a huge boulder there an i mean huge so you cant take a left,it was clear for us though half way up on the left route it gets very nasty i took some surfs an a highlux pickup jacked and big tyres on it he was a landscape gardener if i remember a couple o surfs overheated gettin up there(moded v8s) and its very tight with thick bushes n trees that may dent rarther than rash so a recce on foot is deffo but not alone early mornin is best you will need big tyres at the very least 30s then again the lane may have sofend i dont know.
                      beyond that lane is a gravil lane that gets washed away a lot with gullys so deep they can swallow a humvee cross axelin is very common that hapened to me today when we slid sideways on a cambered bend i did not gas it at the rite time so ended up with a wheel in the air dif lockers what i need. had to spot hypermonkey up to toe us out lucky no damage i will ave to get rid o that ss tail pipe or its gona get riped off take care all keep sunny side up golly gone
                      Went up the lane two weeks ago and both left and right ways were open. Unfortunatly I had road tyres on, was on my own and it was raining so common scense got the better of me and I turned back when the left lane started to close in, but with a little support I would have seen it through I think.
                      Will put my 31" MT's on for the reccy though just to be on the safe side.

Fish

Comment

Went up the lane two weeks ago and both left and right ways were open. Unfortunatly I had road tyres on, was on my own and it was raining so common scense got the better of me and I turned back when the left lane started to close in, but with a little support I would have seen it through I think.
                        Will put my 31" MT's on for the reccy though just to be on the safe side.

Fish
                        If your doing a reccy kev then count me in. really need to get out and play as ive got withdrawals. Got my new 31" muds (mick thompson baja claw remould copies) and need to test them.

most sundays good for me.

PS i have the route that Gizmo mentioned the dales roman road plus other bits. will sort out a reccy soon.
                        BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Its also nearly XMAS & we will do another trip to the GOYT Valley if its been snowing again. Sledging was also fun.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Fish

I believe you can carry on the track goes through rushy hill, round the bottom of brown wardle hill, past or just touching the disused quarries, past ramsden clough resorvoir. Choice then available up to Todmorden Moor/Holden Gate or carry on to walsden...got to be careful of the bridleways though!
                            Gaz

Comment

Working...
                            X