can you get stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you get stuck

hi just got a surf,might keep it might not.

ive bee off road a couple of times nowt to exciting,just been checking out
    some of your photos on this section of forum,wow these thingd go anywhere.

can they get stuck,how do you get out iff you do ,where do you not go,and how do you drive through mud fast slow i really have no idea at all thanks for your patenice
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Like any 4x4 and given the conditions, yes you can get stuck....

My own Golden Rules are:

1. Never to go off-road alone. Two vehicles the minimum, preferable 3 or more to provide recovery service

2. Be prepared with at least basic tools for recovery : tow straps, spade etc.

3.Take good warm clothing, and some snacks/drinks as you never know how long your going to be

4. Never dive in head first....plan your route and walk it if your unsure...you never know if once in there is a way back out.

5. Wade or use a stick to check fords, crossings or water holes as you never really can tell how deep or rutted it will be. Last thing you wanna do is go for a swim. If you have to cross the water create a bow wave, this gives a negative low effect and can help with air intake.

6. Unless you have a snorkel don't go in water above the bumper as the air intake is situated behind the n/s [passenger] headlight

7. Have good fun. and keep that GRIN alive
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gizmo; 9 April 2005, 14:46.
    Gaz

Comment

Dont get PHOTOGRAPHED after you got stuck eh GAZ.
      One of our UN-NAMED friends decided to go it alone, He got stuck in the deep soft stuff. It took 2 Surfs to get him out HE was LUCKY as we were in the area.
      Attached Files
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Gizmo is right dont go on your own and always test the water, u never know what will happen. Not that i get stuck much
        Attached Files
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
          Gizmo is right dont go on your own and always test the water, u never know what will happen. Not that i get stuck much

Nice montage of clips Chris....on How not to do off-roading.

Pleae..Please dont take up pot-holeing LOL
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
            hi just got a surf,might keep it might not.

ive bee off road a couple of times nowt to exciting,just been checking out
            some of your photos on this section of forum,wow these thingd go anywhere.

can they get stuck,how do you get out iff you do ,where do you not go,and how do you drive through mud fast slow i really have no idea at all thanks for your patenice
            join a club... then it's all in control, people will help you out and pull you out if you get stuck!... also lots of people to chat to for advice
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
              Nice montage of clips Chris....on How not to do off-roading.

Pleae..Please dont take up pot-holeing LOL
              I had to stop that years ago when my A*** got to big
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Working...
              X